Aftermath of Covid

syco

Reaction score
Most Flight Attendants don't earn $ until plane is ready to take off .... i.e on runaway . That's part of the reason why there is a shortage . Not sure about pilots . Some Airlines are stepping up and giving them a " stipend " in case of cancellation , to keep them on the job .

Otto99

Reaction score
Most Flight Attendants don't earn $ until plane is ready to take off .... i.e on runaway . That's part of the reason why there is a shortage . Not sure about pilots . Some Airlines are stepping up and giving them a " stipend " in case of cancellation , to keep them on the job .
That’s correct, there clocks don’t start until the plane is buttoned up for takeoff. And as you exit the plane, the buh-bye! buh-bye! is also off the clock. Some airlines are changing this, but only just recently.

Raiyn

Reaction score
My area has been elevated to Red status, which means the infection rate is high.

Too many idiots due to political leaning and ignorance, are not willing to recieve the vaccination.
Same here. People walk up in stores and ask why I'm still wearing a mask... of course many of them are the same people who have the balls to tell me I need a haircut before returning to their truck with an odd amount of exhaust parts in it for as loud as it is.

Whitefang

Reaction score
Same here. People walk up in stores and ask why I'm still wearing a mask... of course many of them are the same people who have the balls to tell me I need a haircut before returning to their truck with an odd amount of exhaust parts in it for as loud as it is.
My use of a mask in a store depends on ...

1. The size of the store. A small deli or party store I'll mask up before entering...

2. Number of people going in and out of a "big box" store like Meijer or Walmart wearing masks. The more who are wearing means I mask up too.

And RAIYN.....

If those fools are willing to WAIT as long as it takes for you to leave your workplace and go to a barbershop to GET a haircut and get back, I might consider doing it. :naughty:

Or on an off day, timing how long it takes me to get to the nearest barbershop from where I work, then add the time it takes a barber to give a typical haircut and travel back to my job. THEN next time I'm told to get a haircut from one of those guys, I'd nod politely, go to get their parts, then sit down somewhere for the length of time all that travel took, THEN return to them with their parts. And if they bitch about how long I took, I( with hair tucked up into my hat) would remind them they told me to get a haircut, and I thought they were WILLING to wait! ;) :thumb:

Whitefang

Otto99

Reaction score
People are still masking up here, but I’ve noticed it’s fairly divided racially about who is and who isn’t. The majority of African Americans are still wearing masks, regardless of age, and a fair number of AAPI folks, too. White folks, hardly at all unless they’re older with possible delicate conditions. I wear mine in close quarters or in like - sigh - WalMart when I have to go there. I have not yet had the fourth jab, but ima fix that this week before the hip blast two weeks from yesterday (Friday).

Digger

Reaction score
I’m off to see Top Gun with my son today and this reminds me that maybe I should wear a mask, thanks.

Latest posts