Broadway Mods

Legba

Reaction score
I really love the Broadway and would love to have an Elitist model but unfortunately they are hard to find. I also didn’t really have the cash for one. I bought mine from zZounds on their payment plan. But I decided to mod mine to get it close to my version of an Elitist. I ordered Seymour Duncan Jazz humbuckers for it. I ordered the same tuners the Elitist has on it plus a tune-o-matic archtop bridge from Stewmac. I can’t wait to get it and get the mods done.

Legba

Reaction score
So I got finished with the mods I can do which was just changing the bridge and tuners. You wouldn’t be able to see a pickup swap anyway. When changing out the bridge I used the base that the original wooden one came on, that way I know it fits the contour of the guitar. It fit right on. It will now go to the tech to have the pickups swapped out with the Seymour Duncan Jazz pickups. I’m going to play it some first though before it has to go in the shop. It came set up really nice all I had to do was lower the action. Also the color is much better in person than the promotion shots I’ve seen of it. The forum says my pics are too big to upload so I’m gonna try to post links to them

Full Front

Bridge

Tuners

Legba

Reaction score
Thanks. So far I love it. I haven’t even plugged it in yet as I got a new amp today and haven’t even unboxed it yet. My only concern is I lowered the bridge as far as it would go and even though the action is pretty low I believe it could be a little lower. There’s no buzzing whatsoever though. So I’m not sure if the neck needs tweaking or not. I put some light 11 flatwounds on it and it plays pretty smooth.

Zero

Reaction score
I love the tailpiece on it! With the tuners, reminds me of an Art Deco jazzbox!

Legba

Reaction score
Yeah thats the look I was going for. I love Art Deco style stuff. The tuners were actually a little downgrade as the Grovers it came with are 18:1 while these are 14:1 but I love the look and they’re plenty accurate enough. I just played it through the amp and It sounds pretty good. Still can’t wait to get the Seymour Duncans in it though.

Legba

Reaction score
Well I had to chunk the new bridge and go back to the wooden bridge that came with the guitar. The new bridge was too tall to get the strings where I wanted them and the neck is good. With the wooden bridge the strings will practically lay on the fretboard. Sucks too because it looked and sounded good with the new bridge. It still sounds good but I thought the metal bridge sounded better. Oh well I still freaking love this guitar.