Crocs!

Digger

Reaction score
You might find this interesting.

We’ve pretty much decided to head back to the Northern Territory later this year, we love it there!

Cruising a couple of the rivers on a tour boat is both interesting and exciting. You see lots of Crocs and you see them up close! As you will see in this Crocs are always coming into Darwin Harbour and they penetrate creeks and find their way into residential areas, sometimes into private swimming pools. That bloke on a kayak in the harbour has a death wish!

They can move much faster than we can over short distances so keeping back from the water is a good policy.

That’s life in Orstralia!

Otto99

Reaction score
I saw plenty of alligators on either side of the road when delivering blueprints to NASA. I lived in Merritt Island for a brief time in an old orange grove owner‘s house, and had to wait many a time for a gator to cross the road. They’re not as bitey as your guys are, though! 😁

Darkness

Reaction score
I took a trip to Costa Rica a few years back and found an absolutely stunning beach. The water had shallows for probably 50 meters and so clear you could see the wrinkles on your toes at 1.5 meters deep. My wife and I enjoyed walking through it and getting some cool relief from the warm morning. There weren't many people in the water.
Screenshot_20220511-111732_Photos.jpg

My wife spotted some guys preparing boats in the distance so we walked toward them hoping for a tour through the nearby mangroves. As we got closer I spotted a sign saying not to go swimming, crocodiles are here. A little hidden from view.
20220511_111906.jpg

We got back on shore and while talking to the guys we learned of a surfer who got his arm bitten off a few years back. He was lucky to get away. There are miles of mangrove mazes and the freshwater dumps into the ocean nearby. They said the cross wander to the beach pretty frequently.

Digger

Reaction score
I took a trip to Costa Rica a few years back and found an absolutely stunning beach. The water had shallows for probably 50 meters and so clear you could see the wrinkles on your toes at 1.5 meters deep. My wife and I enjoyed walking through it and getting some cool relief from the warm morning. There weren't many people in the water.
View attachment 17586

My wife spotted some guys preparing boats in the distance so we walked toward them hoping for a tour through the nearby mangroves. As we got closer I spotted a sign saying not to go swimming, crocodiles are here. A little hidden from view.
View attachment 17587

We got back on shore and while talking to the guys we learned of a surfer who got his arm bitten off a few years back. He was lucky to get away. There are miles of mangrove mazes and the freshwater dumps into the ocean nearby. They said the cross wander to the beach pretty frequently.
Nope, no swimming there and I’d have been inclined to research such things before going in the water there. I don’t know what it is about our Salties but they seem to be far more aggressive than Crocs in most other places.

Creek mouths are the likely danger zones here. People up north occasionally get a bit casual around Crocs and some of them die!

Darkness

Reaction score
Nope, no swimming there and I’d have been inclined to research such things before going in the water there. I don’t know what it is about our Salties but they seem to be far more aggressive than Crocs in most other places.

Creek mouths are the likely danger zones here. People up north occasionally get a bit casual around Crocs and some of them die!
Yup, we should have looked into it first. It was early in the morning and I thought we were just the first to arrive on the shore.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
You might find this interesting.

We’ve pretty much decided to head back to the Northern Territory later this year, we love it there!

Cruising a couple of the rivers on a tour boat is both interesting and exciting. You see lots of Crocs and you see them up close! As you will see in this Crocs are always coming into Darwin Harbour and they penetrate creeks and find their way into residential areas, sometimes into private swimming pools. That bloke on a kayak in the harbour has a death wish!

They can move much faster than we can over short distances so keeping back from the water is a good policy.

That’s life in Orstralia!

Wow, out here in North America, all we have to do is only worry about Mountain Lions or Bears 🐻.

Digger

Reaction score
Yes well I think I’d find bears pretty intimidating, not sure about Lions as I don’t think you see them as often do you?

At least in many states you can carry a firearm.

Latest posts