Epi UpTown Kat ES

soulman969

Reaction score
This one has my attention but I'd like to collect some opinions from my Epi brothers and sisters who may have some personal experience with one or have played one. They're on back order status at the moment but I'm seriously thinking of pulling the trigger one one in Sapphire Blue Metallic.

From it's appearance it seem to be an ES339 size body correct?

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
I took a hard look at that on line, but GC did not have any in the store. I wanted to try the mini humbuckers. Yes, the Kats have small bodies.

soulman969

Reaction score
I took a hard look at that on line, but GC did not have any in the store. I wanted to try the mini humbuckers. Yes, the Kats have small bodies.
Thanks Davis. Just sold my ES339 P90 Pro and was thinking of replacing it eventually with another standard ES339 Pro with humbuckers when this one caught my eye.

Pickups are Firebird mini humbuckers not the old '70s LP type like an LP Deluxe I once owned. Like many of the newer models this one has the CTS electronics as well. It's a bit pricier than the ES339 but it's different enough with it's Gretsch style controls and those pickups to be something I don't now own.

There are quite a few demo videos on YouTube that give enough content about how the pickups sound to keep my interest. I may hit a GC to see if they have one in stock I can try before I buy. Will let you know if I can do that and give some feedback.