Epiphone Les Paul '59 in Aged Lemon Burst

Daniel Desmarais

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago Anderson's Music Company in the UK put up this video:

showing off this guitar:

496291-Epiphone-1959-Les-Paul-Aged-Lemon-Burst-Body.jpg

But here's the thing, this is NOT a Joe Bonamassa "Lazarus." It's a Les Paul Standard '59 in Aged Lemon Burst. Right now Anderson's is the only outlet in Europe offering these. According to the video "one American retailer" is offering this as a retailer exclusive color.

Does anyone know who?

Darkness

Reaction score
I saw this color somewhere and can't remember where. I was surprised they made it since its essentially undercutting the Joe Bonermaster.

Daniel Desmarais

Reaction score
I saw this color somewhere and can't remember where. I was surprised they made it since its essentially undercutting the Joe Bonermaster.

The Epiphone Les Paul Classic is available in Honey Burst.

Similar, but no AAA maple, no Gibson Burstbuckers, no upgraded wiring, no hard case.

Darkness

Reaction score
The Epiphone Les Paul Classic is available in Honey Burst.

Similar, but no AAA maple, no Gibson Burstbuckers, no upgraded wiring, no hard case.
No, not that one. Maybe I saw it on Andersons after all, I can't find it now.

Sinnerski

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago Anderson's Music Company in the UK put up this video:

showing off this guitar:

496291-Epiphone-1959-Les-Paul-Aged-Lemon-Burst-Body.jpg

But here's the thing, this is NOT a Joe Bonamassa "Lazarus." It's a Les Paul Standard '59 in Aged Lemon Burst. Right now Anderson's is the only outlet in Europe offering these. According to the video "one American retailer" is offering this as a retailer exclusive color.

Does anyone know who?

I like this one since it is NOT JBs.

Daniel Desmarais

Reaction score
"why not just order it from Anderton's?"

I'm NOT paying international shipping, not when the US retailer most likely will offer free CONUS shipping.

Plus Anderton's doesn't even have any in stock at the moment, just the couple that they got as advance copies.

It's just a matter of finding out who, and then waiting for them to ship from Epiphone.

Norton

Reaction score
It might not be that simple if that guitar is a dealer exclusive, and there are PLENTY of those, and it's popular...

The pricing seems to be pretty on par.

Never had a problem with DHL or paying international shipping for things that are not available in the US. It's just the price to enter the game. The rest of the world has been doing it since international shipping was invented.

hope you find what you're looking for. Got friends at the gibson/epiphone shipping warehouse??

Daniel Desmarais

Reaction score
For those of you in the UK and the EU, Anderton's web site says will get stock on April 8th.

Still no word on who the US retailer is/will be.

Daniel Desmarais

Reaction score
So I e-mailed Gibson customer service and told them that Anderton's web page states one US retailer will be offering the '59 Aged Lemon Burst. I asked them who that retailer would be, and when it would be available.

That was four weeks ago. I did get a reply from Vincent saying that he would check with his sales team. That replay was three and a half weeks ago. Since then, crickets.

I just sent another e-mail request to Gibson customer service, because Anderton's web site STILL says these guitars will be made available through one US retailer.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
They really need to just change their bot so that it doesn't say they'll reply in two business days. Might as well just put "we might reply to you if we feel like it, and we're not sure if we ever will."

Raiyn

Reaction score
So I e-mailed Gibson customer service and told them that Anderton's web page states one US retailer will be offering the '59 Aged Lemon Burst. I asked them who that retailer would be, and when it would be available.

That was four weeks ago. I did get a reply from Vincent saying that he would check with his sales team. That replay was three and a half weeks ago. Since then, crickets.

I just sent another e-mail request to Gibson customer service, because Anderton's web site STILL says these guitars will be made available through one US retailer.
Try Chicago Music Exchange. Anderton's has done split runs with them in the past, though I usually catch them when they do Fender-y stuff.