Hey Space 1999 ....🖖

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
When I think about it as an adult, I wonder what the lack of a moon would do to the earth. But I liked the show.

Some characters from season 1 we're not in s2. Where did they go?

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
Especially, Victor ..... he just vanished.
And then the Tony Terdesci character took his place.

As for the Earth with no moon, they say our magnetic core wouldn't rotate, seismic and ocean tide disruptions.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
Here in America, Space 1999 was nipping on the heals of the Star Trek franchise.

It had a sizable fan base in the US, in the 1970's.

I hope they revisit the Space 1999 franchise, it seems to need to continue or have some form of closure.

John

Reaction score
I never was a fan of the SCi Fi thing. I have yet to see a Star Wars movie.

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
Yes!!! I used to watch that show in the 70’s and I loved it. If you read my bio you will get a chuckle.

Always have been a Sci-Fi fan. I even went back and watched some of the Space 1999 episodes in recent years. I never saw the pilot because it was in reruns when I started watching it in the late 70’s.

I learned it is always bad to store your radioactive waste all in one spot.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pat

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
Yes!!! I used to watch that show in the 70’s and I loved it. If you read my bio you will get a chuckle.

Always have been a Sci-Fi fan. I even went back and watched some of the Space 1999 episodes in recent years. I never saw the pilot because it was in reruns when I started watching it in the late 70’s.

I learned it is always bad to store your radioactive waste all in one spot.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pat
Last year, they had all the episodes on YouTube.
Heck, I even have the models of the Eagle, the Hawk Hyper Space Vehicle, the pistols,, communicator, door key and the base / command center models , all from the 1970's.

Otto99

Reaction score
I never watched it, but that was my senior year in high school, and for me a busy time, and then my freshman year in college, and I didn’t have a TV in the dorm. I always thought of it as Mission Impossible in Space since it had Martin Landau and Barbara Bain.

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
I never watched it, but that was my senior year in high school, and for me a busy time, and then my freshman year in college, and I didn’t have a TV in the dorm. I always thought of it as Mission Impossible in Space since it had Martin Landau and Barbara Bain.
I was so in love with Barbara Bain. Of course I didn’t know she was married to Martin back then.

She was so sexy in Mission Impossible too.

They always framed her with the old Vaseline on the lens trick that Star Trek started when ever they showed an episodes love interest.

As far as a reboot, it would be cool if the production team that rebooted Battle Star Galactica would pick it up.

I loved that remake. So dark.

Pat

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
I hope they revisit the Space 1999 franchise, it seems to need to continue or have some form of closure.

I don't know how they would end the story. The moon can't just float back into Earth's orbit. Maybe the moonbase inhabitants could be rescued by descendants of Gilligan and the Skipper. :)

Latest posts