Hopefully NGD Les Paul Standard Good Price?

28 Flathead

Reaction score
Going to look at a Les Paul Standard today, hoping to bring it home.

It's an 09'

It's a little beat, but the price may reflect that.

He's asking $250.00, I think I'm going to offer him $175.00 and go up to $200.00 unless it's extraordinary.

Am I low balling him too much? Like I said it's pretty beat up, no gig bag no case. What might you offer?

The Last Epi I got was a 98' Dot in excellent condition with 50's wiring and a gig bag for $225.00.

LP Switch.jpg LP Body.jpg LP Full.jpg LP Head.jpg LP Head Face2.jpg

Last edited:

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score

It's an 09'

He's asking $250.00, I think I'm going to offer him $175.00 and go up to $200.00 unless it's extraordinary.

Am I low balling him too much? Like I said it's pretty beat up, no gig bag no case. What might you offer?

The Last Epi I got was a 98' Dot in excellent condition with 50's wiring and a gig bag for $225.00.

View attachment 17584 View attachment 17580 View attachment 17581 View attachment 17583 View attachment 17582

I don't think you're lowballing. The frets may also need work, which will be a cost for you. $250 is too high. The red one I bought (here) was the equivalent of $250 - and that was practically brand new with the stickers still on the pickups.

BGood

Reaction score
Not in my hood, but here it would sell for $250 easy (±325 Canadian pesos)

wildeman

Reaction score
It don't look too bad to me, most scratches I see are in the clear and can be buffed out. $200.00 would be a deal.

syco

Reaction score

It's an 09'

View attachment 17584 View attachment 17580 View attachment 17581 View attachment 17583 View attachment 17582
OKAY ! I"LL ASK ........... Did you get the guitar ? Enquiring minds want to know !!!!!

28 Flathead

Reaction score
And a few pics wouldn't hurt either !
I did!

I have cleaned it up , oiled the fretboard and restrung it, that is about all it needed. the action is great and the intonation is fine. It was pretty dirty/disgusting, it hadn't been played in years.

There is a small amount of fret buzz if your a heavy handed player, I'm not.

I just haven't had time to take pics, but I will soon.

It plays and sounds great, I couldn't be happier.

I also have a couple of relatively new (to me) Dots. I'll post them soon as well.

soulman969

Reaction score
It beats me why some sellers don't take the time to even spruce up what they sell so that at least cosmetically the item looks worth their asking price.

Based on what you've said about how good it sounds and how well it plays it would seem that an hour spent on cleaning it up may have gotten the seller his asking price.

Selling prices have been slowly unwinding this spring but over the past year one like that would have sold on average for around $400 so if you even paid as much as $200 you got a great deal.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
It beats me why some sellers don't take the time to even spruce up what they sell so that at least cosmetically the item looks worth their asking price.

Based on what you've said about how good it sounds and how well it plays it would seem that an hour spent on cleaning it up may have gotten the seller his asking price.

Selling prices have been slowly unwinding this spring but over the past year one like that would have sold on average for around $400 so if you even paid as much as $200 you got a great deal.

🤫🤫🤫 shush... you're giving away trade sekrits!!!!

soulman969

Reaction score
🤫🤫🤫 shush... you're giving away trade sekrits!!!!

🤣 Well this was meant as an internal memo only not for public distribution. LOL

Seriously though with the way prices have increased on new gear well maintained popular guitars and basses can sell used for as much or more than someone paid for theirs new just a few years ago. For example.

The wine red ES 339 P90 Pro is no longer produced at all and currently there are none listed in that finish on Reverb, Ebay, or GC used. One in Pelham Blue with it's hardshell case is listed for $850. Others w/o a case have sold in the $500-$600 range which is $100-$200 more than one sold for new just two years ago and that's w/o tax or shipping.

Maintain your gear brothers.