How many guitars/basses have you owned in your life ?

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Okay so I accquired a new one.

As you'll know from the last few posts this month has been a royal PITA, however on Saturday something happen that made my year. I was sat at home on Saturday feeling quite lost in myself when the doorbell goes. It's a friend o mine and his partner, they'd popped over to cheer me up and make sure I was doing okay. I invite them in and see that Ben has a guitar case with him (nothing unusual there) but his girlfriend has a little combo amp (Strange as I have 30 amps in the house) and a Chinese takeway for us all.

We sit down and are chatting while eating the takeaway when I ask him what's in the case and under the amp cover. He then procedes to explain that they are gifts from my wife that she had ordered before she started her last round of chemo, she had ben order them and store them till after the chemo was supposed to finish - they were her little joke for me going to all her hospital visits with her ( I have a extreme phobia of hospitals - having spent a lot of my childhood in them).

So whats the guitar you ask? I love the PRS SE Zach Myers But was always put off by the colour "Tramps arse green" and through the current blue is nice, the indonesian made models aren't a patch on the earlier Korean models. In 2015 PRS released a Limited edition variant in sunburst (Can't remember if it was UK or Europeon Only) That was the one I wanted. I'd also fallen in love with the Marshall Origin 5 combo but of course both were discontinnued. She'd had all my friend she could think off on the look out for either one of these items when both were found cheap enough that they were in the budget she was looking at she decided what the hell get both.

Ladies and Gentlemen may I present =

PRS SE Zach Myers Sunburst
51962281995_fda5a9f956_k.jpg

Marshall Origin 5 Combo
51968807353_ba0eebb935_o.jpg

These probably mean more to me than any other guitar I own - with the exception of the PRS Core McCarty which she bought after the first course of treatment.

Wow.. that was really touching... I'm sure these are not only nice instruments, but they're definitely special instruments.

Whitefang

Reaction score
Okay so I accquired a new one.

As you'll know from the last few posts this month has been a royal PITA, however on Saturday something happen that made my year. I was sat at home on Saturday feeling quite lost in myself when the doorbell goes. It's a friend o mine and his partner, they'd popped over to cheer me up and make sure I was doing okay. I invite them in and see that Ben has a guitar case with him (nothing unusual there) but his girlfriend has a little combo amp (Strange as I have 30 amps in the house) and a Chinese takeway for us all.

It took me a few to figure out what you meant by PITA as I'm not familiar with all those text and iNet acronyms. 😉 But thanks. From NOW ON I won't be able to buy Pita Bread without laughing! :rofl:

Whitefang

Whitefang

Reaction score
Never heard it before. Always just spoke it out. 😉 However....

All that newfangled acronym stuff has gotten out of control. I can understand that a lot of it came about back when texting charged by the character. Now with unlimited text on most cell services there's no longer a need for it. But it continues. And the sad part is there's an entire generation that can't even TALK without using it. I have several nieces and nephews, all in their early to mid 20's and younger who'll actually SAY "OMG", "BFF", "WTF" " "LOL" and such. :rolleyes: Some even got in trouble in school for using them in written essay assignments.

Whitefang

Raiyn

Reaction score
Never heard it before. Always just spoke it out. 😉 However....

All that newfangled acronym stuff has gotten out of control. I can understand that a lot of it came about back when texting charged by the character. Now with unlimited text on most cell services there's no longer a need for it. But it continues. And the sad part is there's an entire generation that can't even TALK without using it. I have several nieces and nephews, all in their early to mid 20's and younger who'll actually SAY "OMG", "BFF", "WTF" " "LOL" and such. :rolleyes: Some even got in trouble in school for using them in written essay assignments.

Whitefang
How is that any different than when we were growing up?

I certainly don't remember speaking the Queen's English in Received Pronunciation as a youngster whilst avoiding common slang terms. We had a regional dialect and used terms common to our culture at the time. Some downright hyperlocal.

As for the TXTSPK, a lot of these "kids" grew up with the old Nokia "dumbphones" and while I certainly find it irksome in a setting such as this - where one can take their time composing a diatribe of epic grandeur, texting is usually far more rapid fire. Quick bursts to convey a message that can be understood at a glance - not lengthy explanations of the concept.

Even though I'm fully aware of this phenomenon, I still type out long form messages because I don't want to be this guy.
Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.png

Whitefang

Reaction score
Difference was, as you pointed out, was that you used WORDS. So did we in my age group. And slang too, which also were words. Some still used today, others long faded into obscurity("groovy" , "boss", "tits", "baaaaaad"[ meaning "good" and a positive response], "far out", "right on", etc.) All of which of course, we didn't insert into our schoolwork. 😉.

And while initially, things like "LOL", and "ROFLMAO" were cute, I long ago gave 'em up as adolescent and contrived and took to preferring emoticons (I don't use "emoji" as even though I know it comes from the Japanese, it still sounds like "baby talk" to me. as does "my bad".) This all might appear quite anal to some, but I'd prefer to stay true to myself rather than try to appear as someone I'm not. 😉 And you gotta admit. Some of the slang of the last 30 or so years did sound kinda silly. ("Da bomb", Da shits", "Phat" ). :rolleyes:

Whitefang

Raiyn

Reaction score
Tell me you're feeling the generation gap without telling me directly.
Difference was, as you pointed out, was that you used WORDS.
Because we didn't grow up under the same circumstances, or with the same tech (or in the wake thereof). The elders in my day didn't necessarily consider what we were saying to be words either.

Acronyms have been around a long time - to shorten a word salad into a quickly identifiable concept or message understood by the other "in the know" party. The military is packed to the gills with them - most of which can seem like gibberish to an outsider.

As for the rest may I suggest: The Urban Dictionary ?

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Two more gone =

Dean Explorer
Dean Flying V

Both of these were gifted to a friend who's been there for me throughout the the 5 years

Current total = 77 or 76 read following & decide for yourself

I did however finally finish the mods on a PRS SE Santana that Maria had borrowed / stolen from me:hmm:. She loved the guitar and I had decided to finish it as a gift to get her through the latest bout of chemo, unfortunately it was not to be (The inlays arrived too late). It's finished now and will sit in a glass case (once the case is delivered) with her picture beside it.

Ladies & Gentlemen I give you the

PRS SE Maria Goodwin signature model
51940783055_16dc4d0dcc_o.jpg

Mods Include =
Ebony tuner buttons
Hybrid Wilkinson tuners
Vinyl headstock overlay with black eagle (May change eagle to gold PRS Signature)
Custom Ebony & MOP TRC with doves
Custom fretboard inlay from "Neck Illsions"
PRS dragon II pickups with gold poles
Hybrid brass tremolo
PRS custom 22 wiring with 5 way rotary pickup selector
Gotoh Strap buttons

I guess this means I've lost another guitar :facepalm:

@Fullmoon 1971
How come your SEs (including your singlecuts) all look like they're proper carved tops, but the ones I see in stores (apart from the hollowbody ones) look like some beveled thing trying to be an archtop? Did they change that in recent years?

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
@Fullmoon 1971
How come your SEs (including your singlecuts) all look like they're proper carved tops, but the ones I see in stores (apart from the hollowbody ones) look like some beveled thing trying to be an archtop? Did they change that in recent years?

No it's just a happy trick of the light, all my pictures are light by natural sunlight from a south facing double glazed window - this can cause the guitars to seem more bevelled then they are.

Last edited:

phrance

Reaction score
Okay, in chronological order:
* Ibanez PF10 - sold
* Antonio Lorca Mod. DD8 - returned
* Aria Legend Les Paul - sold
* Cort Earth 200 - returned
* Simon & Patrick SM 6 - sold
* Yamaha GL-1 (Guitalele) - sold
*Juan Salvador Mod. 6 - returned
* Cuenca Mod. 10 - sold
* Azahar Mod. 141 Palosanto Rio - sold
* Gretsch G9500 Jim Dandy
* Epiphone Les Paul standard 60s

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Okay so theres been a new one added which like SE Zach myers will never leave my side.

Just when I thought my life couldn't get any stranger I get a guitar from the most unexpected of sources, Last week I had my son for the weekend, all weekend he just kept smirking and laughing to himself (I tought it was a coping method after Maria's death) On Saturday we went into Manchester for a day out (trawling round guitar shops - what a surprise) We went to one particular shop where a couple of freinds work (when you have had a collection like mine over the years you make friends with guitar stores pretty quickly).

For the last few months they had a guitar that both myself and my son had been drowling over but when we entered the shop I could see straight away the guitar was gone. We stayed for a while and then decided to head home. the rest of the weekend went by as usual, Telly, Xbox & guitar playing.

When it was time for Peter to be picked up by his mum (He has very minor autism but she insists on treating him like he's about 10 - he's 22 this year) they was a knock at the door which is unusual for Nicola as she usually stays in the car, She comes in and we start chatting (we do actually get better now than we did when we were together). After about 15 minutes of this the door goes again and I think it must be Colin, Peters stepdad. Sure enough it's Colin but stood beside him is the owner of the shop we'd been in on Saturday and he's holding a case.

They come in and Peter virtually wets himself he's laughing so hard. The store owner hands me the case and explains that contents are a gift off my son, this mom & stepdad. The store owner had sold it them at cost, Peter had used most of his savings and his mum and Colin put the rest towards it, When we'd been looking or it in his shop it had actually been in the shop we'd just left, having a complete setup. This is why Peter had been acting strange over the weekend - the funny thing is I never thought he could keep a secret:naughty:

So what was in the case you ask?

Gordon Smith GSG-1 Korina
51984202196_c9d15b3ee9_o.jpg

Kluson machineheads
Brass Nut
1 piece Korina neck
Rosewood fingerboard
2 Piece Korina body
Gordon Smith P-90
Aluminium wraparound bridge (Intonation is spot on dispite no saddle ridges)
Ebony Knobs (added by me)

When we were kids me and my brother knew Gordon Whitham quite well, he was a drinking buddy of our stepdad. We even worked at the factory on Saturdays for a while. When I started my band my stepdad custom ordered a a Korina SG as my first pro guitar (Sadly it got stolen from a gig about 18 months after I got it). This one reminds so much of that early one its scary.

This guitar is actually featured on the Gordeon Smith website = https://www.gordonsmithguitars.com/components/p90-pickups

I truly can't believe that my ex helped buy me a new guitar (My collection when we were together was one of our argument topics)

The guitar will be getting played in anger along with my new SE Zach Myers and the SE Maria Goodwin signature model at a benefit gig for cancer reasearch on Saturday night, so I'll let you know how they get on.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
That's an amazing looking SG. But more importantly, thank you for sharing your stories and the relationships between you, your guitars, and the people surrounding/behind the guitars. It really adds another dimension to these instruments.

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Okay guys and girls. so here my updated list after all the ups and downsin the last couple of years leading up to my wifes death:hmm:

Italics = No longer owned:facepalm:
Bold = Still Got :applause:

* = With me till I die :fingersx:

Acoustics
Classical Acoustic #1 (Forgotten Name)
Classical Acoustic #2 (Forgotten Name) Gibson Dove
Hondo 12 String Hummingbird
Eko Ranchero 12 string
Vintage B300
Ovation Celebrity
Tanglewood TW800
Lag GLA 100B Spring Series
Earthfire AutumnLeaf Electro Acoustic
Ashton Joeycoustic
Tanglewood TW28 Seagull
Harley Benton Steel Resonator
Hobner Custom Mandolin

Clevan CD50 Dreadnought *
G4M RSFG 01
Washburn WPJ5S-B

Crafter Hilite D-SP-VTG
Jammin Pro 505 USB Acoustic

James Neligan EW3000C Electro Acoustic *
Lag TRAMONTANE T66A
Fender Vince Ray Voodoo

Recording King RO-17
Luna Trinity Parlour Electro Acoustic
EKO Ranger XII (Custom painted by Tyla)
Takamine EG-540SSC
Skylark Nylon Skeleton Deluxe
Ovation Tangent T247-5
Washburn WJ40S
The Loar 300
Tanglewood Autumnleaf
Gretsch G5022CWFE Rancher Falcon

Eko Ranger XII VR
Johnson Carolina II Series JD-26
Ovation 1861 Balladeer
Fender CD-140SCE Mahogany

Tanglewood Java TWJP Parlour Guitar

Semi Acoustics

EROS ES-335
EKO Florentine
Antoria ES-330
Epiphone Lucille
Epiphone Studio Dot
Hofner 1962 President
BC Rich Dagger
Ibanez AF-95
Epiphone ES-335 Pro
Washburn HB-50
Parkwood PW-H4 Hybrid
Tanglewood Tomkat TE-6JS
Ibanez Montage 350MSC
The Loar 309
The Loar 301T

Gretsch G2420T
Gretsch G5120 Jimmy C Pinstrip
Gretsch G5120

Grestch G5420T *
Vintage AV3HFCR
Epiphone Sheraton II
Epiphone Sheraton 1962 “50th Anniversary Ltd Ed”

Epiphone Riviera Custom P-93
Valhalla/Layke ES-135
Epiphone Dot (2000)
Epiphone Dot (2007)
D'angelico Premier SS
D'angelico Premier SS (Ocean Turqouise)
D'angelico Premier SSNF
Epiphone Wildkat

Gretsch G2420 (Natural #1)
Gretsch G2420T-P90
Gretsch G5120
Epiphone “Lucille”

Gretsch G2420 (Natural #2)
Gretsch G2622
Epiphone Sorrento Limited Edition
“50th
Anniversary 1962”
Epiphone Studio Dot

Hybrid Guitars

Parker Fly P-36
Parkwood PW-H4 Hybrid
Traveller Guitar Pro Series Maple

Telecasters
Squire JV Series Telecaster
Hohner 12 String Telecaster TE
Columbus HM Telecaster
Squire Standard Blond Telecaster
Squire Custom II Tele
Tanglewood Quomaster Staus 30 #1
Fullmoon Vintage Esquire
Indie Super T (Blue)
Tanglewood Quomaster Status 62 #1
Shine WF-130

Tanglewood Quomaster Status 30 #2
Indie Super T (Black)
Shine WF-175

Squire Standard Blond Telecaster
Aiersi Hotrod 52 Telecaster (Micawber Tribute)
Aiersi Natural 68 Thinline Telecaster

ESP LTD TE-202 Distressed Black (Ronnie Wood Tribute)
Aiersi 66 Bound Telecaster (Albert Collins Tribute)

Tanglewood Quomaster Status 62 #2
Yamaha Pacifica 311MS
Harley Benton TE-30
Harley Benton TE-50
Custom Build Tele

Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus
VGR 66 Bound Telecaster (Albert Collins Tribute)

Les Pauls

Epiphone Black Les Paul Studio
Hondo Gold Top Les Paul
Columbus Blonde Les Paul Custom
Epiphone Cherry Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Heritage Burst Les Paul
Epiphone Slash's Snakepit Les Paul
Epiphone 56 Gold Top Les Paul
Vintage VR100 CR
Epiphone 56 Gold Top Les Paul
Riverside 56 Les Paul Custom
Epiphone 57 Les Paul Junior
Fullmoon Zakk Wylde Camoflage Les Paul
Fullmoon 59 Les Paul Reissue
Sheridan A100
Epiphone Les Paul Classic QMT (2002 Ltd Ed)
Epiphone Les Paul Trans Black 1960 Tribute (2010 Edition)
CJM Thru Neck Natural Les Paul
Epiphone Desertburst Les Paul Plustop PRO/FX
Gibson Vintage Natural Les Paul Classic Custom
Gibson Satin Honeyburst Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute HB
Vintage Lemondrop V100 PGM
Revelation RLR

Gibson Les Paul Traditional *
Vintage V-100 7 String Prototype
Spear SHL-1Q "Evil Monkey" Quilt Top

Epiphone JJN “Old Glory” Les Paul Custom
VGR Les Paul Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Special

SG's

Sid Poole Custom Build
CSL Double Neck
Epiphone Double Neck
Epiphone 1961 Les Paul Custom
Epiphone G400 Faded

Epiphone G310
Epiphone Worn Red Junior (2011 Ltd Ed) Epiphone Worn Black Junior (2011 Ltd Ed)

Gibson Ebony 50's Tribute
Vintage VS-6 MRMA

Gordon Smith GSG-1 *

PRS's
PRS McCarty (2015) *

PRS CE-24 Mahogany
PRS Standard 22
PRS Vela S2

PRS McCarty (2001) *

PRS SE's
PRS SE Faded Burst Bernie Marsden #1 *

PRS SE Natural Mark Tremonti
PRS SE Yellow Santana
PRS SE Tortoise Shell 245
PRS SE Whale Blue Tremonti Custom

PRS SE Nick Catanese (Werewolf Artwork)
PRS SE Santana Special
PRS SE Marty Friedman
PRS SE Soapbar

PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE Bernie Marsden #2 *
PRS SE Bernie Marsden #3
PRS SE Zach myers *

Flying V's

Riffs Flying V
Epiphone 58 Korina Flying V
BC Rich IT Jr.V
Washburn Paul Stanley Collectors V
Dean VX Classic

Westfield E-8000 Flying V

Stratocasters

Satellite Stratocaster
Fame Stratocaster
Squire Black Bullet Stratocaster
Squire Black Silver Series Stratocaster
Squire Black Standard Series Stratocaster
Encore Vintage Custom 57
Marlin Sidewinder
Richwood Blonde 57
Encore E300 Custom Stratocaster
Fullmoon Reverseocaster

Fullmoon Custom Dragon Stratocaster
Fullmoon Standard Stratocaster

Squier Showmaster
Custom Build EVH Strat
Fullmoon 57 Stratocaster
Fullmoon 64 Relic Stratocaster
G&L Legacy Tribute Standard

Squire 51 Vintage Modified
Fender Tie-Dye Stratocaster
Fullmoon Custom Stratocaster
Westfield E1000 Stratocaster
Encore 62 Stratocaster

Squire Standard Stratocaster
Westfield E1000 Stratocaster
Vintage Icon V6 MRBK *
Vintage Icon V6 MRFR

SX Swamp Ash Stratocaster
SX SST 57 Stratocaster
Vintage Reissued V6LB Stratocaster
Kramer Baretta Special (Black)

Kramer Baretta Special (Vintage White)
Vintage Reissued V6 JMH Fillmore
Cort G-250
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Fender MIM Standard Plus Top Stratocaster

Fender MIM Deluxe Stratocaster
Squier Deluxe Hotrails Stratocaster

Super Strats
OLP MM4 Silhouette
Ibanez GRGR09
Ibanez SA 08 Ltd 1

Ibanez RX20
Shine D-211 Scorpion

Ibanez Trans Red Burst RGA-42 TFMZ
Maverick JR-4 Jim Root Signature Model #54
Maverick F-1
Maverick F-1HT
Maverick X-1HT

Maverick SF-3
Maverick F-1 (Zebra Humbucker Prototype)
ESP Ltd White H-351FR
Ibanez RGKP6
Jackson Adrian Smith San Dimas X
Ibanez S-420
Maverick JR-4 Jim Root Signature Model #56
Maverick F-3
Hamer SS Californian 27
Maverick JR-4 Jim Root Signature Model #27
Yamaha Pacifica 212VFM
Ibanez JS-700 (japanese Edition)
Fender The “Sixty Six”

Ibanez Jem 7V (Fake)

Various

Ibanez Artist
Black Thunder 1A
Yamaha Natural 112V
Yamaha Green 112V
Yamaha SE 312
Ibanez PS-10
Burns Green Marquee
Gould S500
Variax 300
BC Rich Mick 7 Warlock

ESP Ltd F50
Peavey HP Signature Standard
Shine SR1 Randy Rhoads
Musicman Emergenza Axis
Steinberger Headless Double Neck 4 & 6
Yamaha 520FZ
Wesley Dominator
BC Rich War Tribe Warlock
ESP Ltd M100
Shine WCA 600
Groove Explorer
Fullmoon EVH Baretta

Farida FLP-26
Fullmoon DC Custom (On Semi permanent loan to son)
Ibanez IC300 Iceman
Ibanez RG321 MH
Switch Futur IV

BC Rich NJ Eagle Classic
BC Rich Bich Masterpiece
Fullmoon Empire

Dean E'lite Reissue
Dean Dimeblade ML
Dean Razorback DB

Farida PRP-12
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom
Hamer XQ California IV
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Hamer Archtop SATF

Farida FLP-30
BC Rich Mockingbird Body Art “Firebreather”
BC Rich Mockingbird Archtop
Hamer Honeyburst Archtop SATQ
Line 6 Black Variax 300
ESP Ltd Black Cherry EC-100 QM
VOX Teaburst SDC-33
BC Rich Trans Green Acrylic Mockingbird

Gibson Vintage Wineburst Spirit
Samick Greg Bennett Jade Ultramatic UM3
Kay Natural Thru-neck Double Cut
Gibson Ebony Firebird Studio 70's tribute
BC Rich Mick 7 NJ Warlock
Charvel Desolation Skatecaster SK-3 ST
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue #2
Dean DBDT ML
Dean Black Gold ML
Dean Cadillac Select
Dean ZX Classic

OLP MM-1 Axis
Yamaha MSG Standard
Harley Benton BM-70
ESP GrassRoots GA-68 (GazettE AOI Signature Model)
ESP GrassRoots GA-74-73 (GazettE AOI
Signature Model)
Dean Avalanche 7
Epiphone Prophecy EM-2 Custom EX
Tanglewood Pioneer II
Michael Kelly Patriot Premium
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Schecter Omen Extreme 7

Epiphone Ltd Ed Firebird 1 Joe Bonamassa “Treasure” *
Gibson Firebird T
Spear SHL1-Q
Gibson 1976 Reissue Explorer
BC Rich NT Warlock

BAD CAT BCDA-1 Lucite Guitar (Dan Armstrong Copy)
Epiphone Firebird

Basses
No Name Rickenbacker Copy
BC Rich Warlock Bass
Yamaha Dyna 4 Bass
Epiphone EB-0
Spector Legend 4
Fender Standard Prescision Bass
Jim Reed Thru-neck
Revelation RLB Les Paul Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI
Squier JV Series Precision Bass
Ibanez SRX-360
Ibanez SR-305

Harley Benton PB-50

Chrrent Collection = 75

The * guitars all have some connection to my wife so Hopefully they will be around as long as I am (then they'll get passed on to my son)

Last edited:

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
One out and one in.

Gone =
2015 PRS McCarty

Into the family =
2020 Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard

I decidedvto let the McCarty go because even though it was one of the guitars my departed missus bought and for a while my pride and joy I found myself using less and less, especially after I got 2001 McCarty.

The 2015's frets were too high but I didn't want to make any major changes That would affect resale value (she'd always said that it something to fall back on money wise once she was gone, rather than a gift) especially after she got me the (to me anyway) nicer 2001 version.

Fast forward to now and I found a buyer (actually the same gent who's bought a few of mine this year) and since I'd been on the lookout for a 1959 whe one showed up super cheap I jumped at it, it's super playable and to me still technically a guitar off Maria.

The only question now is do I keep my 2014 Gibson Les Paul Traditional? Though I'm still in the honeymoon period with the 1959, In some ways I would actually say it's at least equal to the Gibson.

Current collection = 75

Raiyn

Reaction score
The only question now is do I keep my 2014 Gibson Les Paul Traditional?
The one thing I can say for certain about Gibby's is that they hold value in a monetary sense. That said, a guy could have two to three really nice Epi's for the coin a Gibson calls for.

As to your question, yeah you're in the honeymoon phase with the Epi, but you should know the Gibson by now. If the LPT doesn't twirl your moustache - list it.

We're not talking about a vintage hand crafted Gibson (in either case) these are CNC made guitars.

Just my 2¢

syco

Reaction score
Epiphone :

!. Trad Pro II
2. Trad Pro III Plus
3. 1960's Tribute Plus x 2
4. Standard Pro
5. Studio
6. Lp- 300
7. Classic " Worn " X 2
8. Tommy Thayer " Electric Blue "
9. Slash " Appetite Burst "
10. 60's Standard
11. '59 Standard X 3

Squire :
1. Standard Strat

16 ! So far ....... I have a lot of catching up to do .