How's Your Weather Today?

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Another morning opening the curtains to blue skies & sunshine :shock: Looks like another hot day with a high of 20C today.

soulman969

Reaction score
Our cooling trend continues with a high of 82F today. With as hot as the sun gets here anywhere in the mid 80sF give or take a few degrees is perfect.

Otto99

Reaction score
Yeah, but it's such good BBQ weather Greg. 😋 Mmmmmmm good.
Let me dispel that myth. Yes, it supposedly is the BBQ capital, but I’m rarely satisfied with the pulled BBQ pork I get here. Ribs, brisket, chicken, all good, but the pork never seems to be smoky enough. You gotta go back to where I came from for that, West Kentucky is the place for good smoky pork.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Another sunny day with blue skies & even hotter than yesterday with a high of 22C forecast for later today, I'm going to be looking tanned & healthy if this carries on :rofl:

soulman969

Reaction score
Let me dispel that myth. Yes, it supposedly is the BBQ capital, but I’m rarely satisfied with the pulled BBQ pork I get here. Ribs, brisket, chicken, all good, but the pork never seems to be smoky enough. You gotta go back to where I came from for that, West Kentucky is the place for good smoky pork.
Wow, that's a shock especially since I love pulled pork.....and ribs.....and brisket. Chicken not so much.

We have our own regional style of pulled pork out here called chile verde which is what in Hispanic restaurants is called Carnitas. Essentially the shredded pork is either mixed with or smothered in green chile and it is delicious.

There's a local chain called Santiagos that has the very best Carnitas Burritos I've ever had along with some of the best green chile I've ever had as well. But I'm not averse to picking up some BBQ pulled pork as well when I'm in the mood for sandwiches.

soulman969

Reaction score
Another sunny day with blue skies & even hotter than yesterday with a high of 22C forecast for later today, I'm going to be looking tanned & healthy if this carries on :rofl:
LOL.....you're having said that reminds me of a comedy bit that Billy Connolly used to do called Pale Blue Scottish Person. Now I know you're still south of Scotland but thinking about all of the clouds and rain it must be frustrating when trying to get a tan.....LOL.

EPIS_MIK

Reaction score
This week was 108 F or so every day, then we got hit with a heavy hailstorm that left piles of ice everywhere and knocked over trees. Then it went back to scorching temps the next day. Weirdest weather I've ever seen.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Bizarrely, it's 87° outside with a feels like of 88°. We've had "feels like" temps from the high 90's to around 110° so this is better.

My old (future) stomping grounds are back into the low 70's so that's nice.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Sunshine & blue skies again this morning & it's going to be the hottest day of the year today with a high of 26C :shock: I might have to find those shorts to wear today.

soulman969

Reaction score
This week was 108 F or so every day, then we got hit with a heavy hailstorm that left piles of ice everywhere and knocked over trees. Then it went back to scorching temps the next day. Weirdest weather I've ever seen.
Whoa......108F is like cooking eggs on the sidewalk time. If these trends are never reversed one day the human race is gonna end up like frogs cooking in water slowly brought to a boil.

soulman969

Reaction score
Sunshine & blue skies again this morning & it's going to be the hottest day of the year today with a high of 26C :shock: I might have to find those shorts to wear today.
As I've been preparing to move I went through some of my old clothing and found a few pair of shorts I haven't been able to wear in several years. I've lost almost 40lbs since January and stuff actually fits again.

Whoopee!

Hopin' the weather stays like that Ian. You all deserve a break. :cheers:

Latest posts