I Got The Trilogy

Norton

Reaction score
the only way they could be cooler is with neck binding.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Congrats on completing the trilogy! (Is there a prequel?)
I'm digging the white one and those inlays.

John

Reaction score
I agree with @Norton Neck binding would really dress these up.

barryflan

Reaction score
I agree with @Norton Neck binding would really dress these up.

I don't know. These never had neck binding back in the day. These are really pretty faithful reproductions of the originals, and personally I am glad of that.

Some of the earlier reissues had skinny necks while these current models have (IMO) perfect C necks. I always wanted to like SGs but could never get on with the neck shape. To me, these models have all the things I fancy about an SG, but with a proper neck.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Because I believe 10 years from now, when they're no longer in production , we're gonna WISH we'd bought 'em when we had the chance ...

A nice trio.

Some of the earlier reissues
Thanks for confirming what I thought I remembered with your sig. The last reissue was about 10 years ago.

The current models however, benefit from the improvements Epi has made over the intervening years. So good stuff.

Norton

Reaction score
the Crestwood and Wilshire had neck binding when they were initially released in the 60's. the coronet didn't.

soulman969

Reaction score
Don't ever break up the set. If they actually do go out of production having all three would in all likelihood multiply their value.

Norton

Reaction score
yes. I'm sure. plenty of examples on reverb. these were the first two that popped up.

barryflan

Reaction score
yes. I'm sure. plenty of examples on reverb. these were the first two that popped up.

Sure. They are the later "Batman" headstock versions. These releases are of the true original 1962 versions, which had no binding.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Umm actually... 🙄

Dang guys, just be happy dude got his axes. If Epi decides to another run in 10 years and put binding on the old style headstock "greatest hits" style - do you think the average player is going to care?

Not everything has to be period correct on a new guitar.

Norton

Reaction score
most excellent! The reissues are stellar. But I still want thst neck bound. :):)

Latest posts