Inspired by Gibson J45 input needed

Zero

Reaction score
I play mostly acoustic, but it would be notice for recording to plug in. Don’t need a case so the Slash version isn’t considered.

Other than that, anyone have any input on them or experience?

Zero

Reaction score
noted here in error my bad…

Last edited:

soulman969

Reaction score
That model has caught my interest as well. Although I have yet to play one I have played the Gibson version and was impressed enough to try the much lower cost AJ-220 version which was nicely built but it was not my cup of tea for two reasons that don't plague the J-45.

One was it's "D" neck profile and the other it's 25.5" scale length whereas the J-45 has a "C" or more oval profile and a 24.75" scale length. Finding any solid wood guitar for under $1000 is not an easy task and yet the mahogany Epi J-45 sells for well under $1000.

The J-45 is one of the most recorded guitars in history and based on my own experience I think you'll find it a great value provided what you want is a slope shouldered Dreadnaught body style.

Zero

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to play one locally side by side with a Hummingbird studio. The difference in neck was (H-bird with the slim taper D) night and day. As much as I love my Classic with the slim taper D, I do not like it on an acoustic.

I think I’m gonna pull the trigger on it… zzounds has a no bs 6 month payment option…

soulman969

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to play one locally side by side with a Hummingbird studio. The difference in neck was (H-bird with the slim taper D) night and day. As much as I love my Classic with the slim taper D, I do not like it on an acoustic.

I think I’m gonna pull the trigger on it… zzounds has a no bs 6 month payment option…
I love zZounds financing. I've bought several guitars through them using their 0% interest payment plan and they've always come through for me and been a top notch online source. They ship quickly and back their sales very well. They actually replaced the entire guitar for me when one showed up with a only broken pickup switch I could've easily replaced myself.

I'm also with you regarding that neck profile on an acoustic. I had my AJ-220 for around 6 months and try as a might I just could not adjust to the neck profile. Otherwise it was a great guitar and it got a good home when I sold it and didn't lose any money when I did mostly due to it's having been discontinued in the Mahogany Burst finish. I believe you'll like a J-45. I still have one on my wish list.

Zero

Reaction score
I love zZounds financing. I've bought several guitars through them using their 0% interest payment plan and they've always come through for me and been a top notch online source. They ship quickly and back their sales very well. They actually replaced the entire guitar for me when one showed up with a only broken pickup switch I could've easily replaced myself.

I'm also with you regarding that neck profile on an acoustic. I had my AJ-220 for around 6 months and try as a might I just could not adjust to the neck profile. Otherwise it was a great guitar and it got a good home when I sold it and didn't lose any money when I did mostly due to it's having been discontinued in the Mahogany Burst finish. I believe you'll like a J-45. I still have one on my wish list.
I did it…. I swung the first payment at my lunch break and it was originally quoted to be delivered Monday which is a quick turn around as is; but they updated it to deliver Sunday by Fed Ex. I am pretty excited seeing as the last acoustic I had was a late 40’s archtop.

soulman969

Reaction score
I did it…. I swung the first payment at my lunch break and it was originally quoted to be delivered Monday which is a quick turn around as is; but they updated it to deliver Sunday by Fed Ex. I am pretty excited seeing as the last acoustic I had was a late 40’s archtop.
Glad to hear it. Give is a full report after it arrives although once you do that you might trigger my thirst for one as well.....LOL. I would really love to own a round shouldered Dreadnought style acoustic like that J-45.

Your GAS must be catching because yesterday I ordered an ES339 from zZounds under a similar 12 mo. 0% interest financing deal. Mine is also set to arrive Sunday so it's gonna be happy new guitar day for both of us.