NGD - Cherry bliss

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Hi guys & girls, So as you know the few last months have been stressful.

Since Epiphone released its Inspired by LP's I've gassing for a 50's Goldtop but the pandemic and its aftermath they seems to be as rare as rocking horse poo. Then Epi did the 59's bu no goldtop though I found out this they had done a lemonburst for andersons here in the UK :facepalm: . This week I found the 59 owners club over on MLP and decided that a 59 was in my future, heck eeven if I didn't like the colour I could always follow @Zero example both on MLP and his exellent thread on here and refinish it as a gold top.

I found this aged cherry one online dirt cheap and just had to have it., went and picked her up today and she plays like a dream - wasn't sure about the colour till I saw her in person but she looks fantastic and is spotless.

52260578186_edf012c352_o.jpg

Here she is with here she is with little sister and her adopted big sister
52260855499_f50414801b_o.jpg

Last edited:

BGood

Reaction score
Hi guys & girls, So as you know the few last months have been stressful.

Since Epiphone released its Inspired by LP's I've gassing for a 50's Goldtop but the pandemic and its aftermath they seems to be as rare as rocking horse poo. Then Epi did the 59's bu no goldtop though I found out this they had done a lemonburst for andersons here in the UK :facepalm: . This week I found the 59 owners club over on MLP and decided that a 59 was in my future, heck eeven if I didn't like the colour I could always follow @Zero example both on MLP and his exellent thread on here and refinish it as a gold top.

I found this aged cherry one online dirt cheap and just had to have it., went and picked her up today and she plays like a dream - wasn't sure about the colour till I saw her in person but she looks fantastic and is spotless.

52260578186_edf012c352_o.jpg

Here she is with here she is with little sister and her adopted big sister
52260855499_f50414801b_o.jpg
Is the plastic still on that bridge P90 ?

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Nice find! Will you be leaving the finish as is or polishing?
I'm really not sure what route I'm going to take with it.

My options are

Leave it alone and let age naturally

Polish front,back and sides extremely ightly to simulate a VOS finish leaving neck satin

Sand back and refinish as a goldtop

Sand back to natural and then let it age naturally ala AFD or Greeny (I prefer the neck on this to the Slash models).

I really wasn't too sure about the vintage cherry finish but its so much nicer in person (really hard to capture the colour properly will phone camera) the flame on this to me is just right, to the point that it would be shame to goldtop it.

The main out come of this is that I'm properly going to end up getting a 50's goldtop anyway and possibly a lemonburst one if Andertons get them back in stock.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
I'm really not sure what route I'm going to take with it.

My options are

Leave it alone and let age naturally

Polish front,back and sides extremely ightly to simulate a VOS finish leaving neck satin

Sand back and refinish as a goldtop

Sand back to natural and then let it age naturally ala AFD or Greeny (I prefer the neck on this to the Slash models).

I really wasn't too sure about the vintage cherry finish but its so much nicer in person (really hard to capture the colour properly will phone camera) the flame on this to me is just right, to the point that it would be shame to goldtop it.

The main out come of this is that I'm properly going to end up getting a 50's goldtop anyway and possibly a lemonburst one if Andertons get them back in stock.

If you like the color, I'd say keep it as is and /or the VOS route. Given the current state of things (and assuming space/money permitting), I wouldn't be surprised if you'd start seeing 50s gold tops being let go on the market from someone needing a bit of quick cash.

Latest posts