NGD: Les Paul ES

Darkness

Reaction score
Is that different than the Flourentine?

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Oh I love that color. I've always been interested in getting one of these to mod for EMGs, but ended up holding off at the thought of having to work on the electronics thru the f hole.

Charles Carter

Reaction score
Beautiful!
I'd love one of those myself, probably in a natural finish.
I understand some have a centre block in a hollow body and others are chambered?
Who can fill me in on this?

Norton

Reaction score
the ES les Paul is a semi hollow body built just like a 335.
the older Korean Florentine models are chambered solid bodies moret like a duo-jet,

barryflan

Reaction score
the ES les Paul is a semi hollow body built just like a 335.
the older Korean Florentine models are chambered solid bodies moret like a duo-jet,

The build on this is interesting. It is not built like a 335. There is no full centerblock - only a block under the bridge/tailpiece.
The sides appear to be approx 3/4" think, and routed out of a solid block (probably two) the back is glued to the sides - no reinforcement needed due to large glue area.
The top appears to be a solid mahogany - not ply, carved and thick compared to a 335.
The back is also mahogany but I am unable to tell whether it is ply, but I assume so.

Here are some detail pics, including internals as best I could. From the manufacturing process I can see why they dropped them after two years - looks very labour intensive!

Selection_310.png Selection_314.png Selection_313.png Selection_312.png

Darkness

Reaction score
Oh wow, so the block placements are similar to a wildkat but the built itself is a bit different. Nice to learn the build differences from so many models. Cool pictures.

barryflan

Reaction score
Two weeks in and I love this guitar more and more. I was unhappy with the bridge - it was old and rattley and the notches seemed very deep. The D string had a dissonance I could not fix. Bought the Faber posts and bridge - perfect now!

I keep picking it up like your do with a milk carton, where you think it is full, but when you lift it, realise it is not. Your mind says "Les Paul, 10lbs" but the reality is quite different!

Latest posts