NGD- Very Royal

Darkness

Reaction score
I've been wanting... got it yesterday. This Riviera is really something else. This is the only glossy finished guitar I have, I've looked it over in the sunlight and couldn't find a single flaw. Out of the box the action is right where I like it. I haven't checked the neck yet but seems right, no buzzing. I got the famous Epiphone black fingers from the fret board last night, I'll be swapping strings and wiping the fretboard in the next hour or so.

The feel and the look give a sense of high quality. The pots are firm and work well, the switch is firm, the bridge doesn't rattle. My picking hand needs to find its place, the frequensator (if that isn't the name of a Decepticon it should be) makes my right hand feel lost. The neck also seems super long, I guess because it doesn't join deep in the body like my other guitars.

As far as sounds I'll know more after this weekend. I was only able to play last night at lower volumes, but it seems to be surprisingly versatile. With the volume knobs around 5 it sounds jazzy and sweet, but roll them to 10 and it growls and barks as if imitating a Les Paul.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220617-164409_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220617-164409_Gallery.jpg
    910.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20220617-164359_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220617-164359_Gallery.jpg
    863.1 KB · Views: 14

Darkness

Reaction score
Happy Royal New Guitar Day!

If the neck "seems" right, don't even bother checking it. Just play it. If it Ain't broke, don't fix it.
Yup. I had planned to set it up yesterday but after playing it right out of the box but there is no need. No buzzing anywhere and the action is just right. After swapping strings and cleaning/oiling the board it looks and plays far better than my other guitars.

3bolt79

Reaction score
I've been wanting... got it yesterday. This Riviera is really something else. This is the only glossy finished guitar I have, I've looked it over in the sunlight and couldn't find a single flaw. Out of the box the action is right where I like it. I haven't checked the neck yet but seems right, no buzzing. I got the famous Epiphone black fingers from the fret board last night, I'll be swapping strings and wiping the fretboard in the next hour or so.

The feel and the look give a sense of high quality. The pots are firm and work well, the switch is firm, the bridge doesn't rattle. My picking hand needs to find its place, the frequensator (if that isn't the name of a Decepticon it should be) makes my right hand feel lost. The neck also seems super long, I guess because it doesn't join deep in the body like my other guitars.

As far as sounds I'll know more after this weekend. I was only able to play last night at lower volumes, but it seems to be surprisingly versatile. With the volume knobs around 5 it sounds jazzy and sweet, but roll them to 10 and it growls and barks as if imitating a Les Paul.
Sweet. Are those minis?