Sherry gets new pickups...

wildeman

Reaction score
So, lately I've been wanting a bit more clarity out of my neck pickup, I've adjusted it around a bunch and it always has a hint of mud, I've been happy with it for years so maybe my ears are changing. I found a 57 Classic used for a great price and bought it and when I got home I realized it was a Classic plus, which is a little hot for a neck pickup, no probs, ordered a Seth Lover for the neck, I'll put the Classic plus in the bridge, down the rabbit hole I go😁
This guitar has remained unmodded the longest out of all my electrics.
I realize the changes most likely won't be earth shattering, it's already got Alnico Epi 57s but just a little more clarity will make me happy, might go with 300k pots and different caps if I need more.

Last edited:

Supersonic

Reaction score
A Seth Lover and 57 Classic+ should massively improve the whole "muddiness" thing and sound clear as a bell. If your pots aren't scratchy or defective then there shouldn't be any need to swap those or the caps unless you just like changing things for the sake of changing them. Plus you'd have to do way too much of the dreaded fishing line through the F-hole thing :ohno:

wildeman

Reaction score
A Seth Lover and 57 Classic+ should massively improve the whole "muddiness" thing and sound clear as a bell. If your pots aren't scratchy or defective then there shouldn't be any need to swap those or the caps unless you just like changing things for the sake of changing them. Plus you'd have to do way too much of the dreaded fishing line through the F-hole thing :ohno:
Right, no probs with the pots, 500k full sized alphas. I'm not a masochist so I really don't enjoy working on semi hollows just thinking if I need more brightness the 300k's will give it. The pickups alone will probably do it but I'm just thinking, I'll have the whole mess out anyway.

wildeman

Reaction score
Just finished up a couple hours ago, OMFG! It accomplished everything I could have imagined, amazing outcome, money well spent, the Gibson sounds exactly how you want a snarly bridge to sound and the Seth is awesome, I've never played a unpotted bucker before, now I'm considering a pair in one of my Pauls. IMG_20220503_164706.jpg

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
I ordered Pro Buckers for my 2018 Sheraton. I believe they came with the Alnico Plus “Classic” pu’s. They don’t sound like the Pro Buckers I have in two of my other Epi’s whatever they were.

Mine was a factory second as well so no telling till I open it up. I just hope they are truly plug and play. I bought them for about $80 so no big if its an epic fail. But I hope not! :)

Pat

Supersonic

Reaction score
I ordered Pro Buckers for my 2018 Sheraton. I believe they came with the Alnico Plus “Classic” pu’s. They don’t sound like the Pro Buckers I have in two of my other Epi’s whatever they were.

Mine was a factory second as well so no telling till I open it up. I just hope they are truly plug and play. I bought them for about $80 so no big if its an epic fail. But I hope not! :)

Pat

$80? Did you get them on eBay?

Space1999

Reaction score
$80? Did you get them on eBay?
Reverb. From Sweden believe it or not. Not really sure why so cheap unless they are just pulling them out of guitars for swap outs and selling them.

They had positive feedback from people who have bought from them and I have a shipping number.

The pickups are shown with the plastic still on the pu’s and the entire wiring harness.

We shall see…

Pat

BGood

Reaction score
Reverb. From Sweden believe it or not. Not really sure why so cheap unless they are just pulling them out of guitars for swap outs and selling them.

They had positive feedback from people who have bought from them and I have a shipping number.

The pickups are shown with the plastic still on the pu’s and the entire wiring harness.

We shall see…

Pat
Sounds like the thousand Chinese Probuckers that go for $39.99.

wildeman

Reaction score

Pat
Wish mine were plug and play!🤔

Space1999

Reaction score
Sounds like the thousand Chinese Probuckers that go for $39.99.
Well in the pictures it did say Epiphone USA on the backs of them.
I took a chance, based on feedback. I’ll let you know what I find out. :)

UPDATE! I did manage to find where it shipped from and it was China.
My only question then is, are these still the real deal pickups? I would assume that the factories in China have the correct pu’s…
Or is this some underhanded deal like someone stealing from the plant?

Well it won’t arrive for another 18 days so I will let you know.
They do offer a 14 day money back deal.

Anyone know what the deal is?

Pat

Last edited:

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score

My only question then is, are these still the real deal pickups? I would assume that the factories in China have the correct pu’s…

Pat
Check out this thread.

@Antigua bought a boat load of those off AliExpress and did a pretty thorough comparison

Imerkat

Reaction score

Pat

From my experience it’s the real deal. Every company in china has to open up an equivalent Chinese company if you want to sale in China. So someone purchases them wholesale domestically and sells them through ebay and Aliexpress

My proof was the cooked nickel finish minibuckers from the Zephyr reissue. Absolutely NO ONE but epiphone made a production of these. It wasn’t advertised and can’t really tell in pictures but a batch came and went up for sale.

BGood

Reaction score
From my experience it’s the real deal. Every company in china has to open up an equivalent Chinese company if you want to sale in China. So someone purchases them wholesale domestically and sells them through ebay and Aliexpress

My proof was the cooked nickel finish minibuckers from the Zephyr reissue. Absolutely NO ONE but epiphone made a production of these. It wasn’t advertised and can’t really tell in pictures but a batch came and went up for sale.
If you must believe your very own invented truth, go right ahead.

Imerkat

Reaction score
If you must believe your very own invented truth, go right ahead.
No, i have actual hands on experience with the Epiphone version on the Zephyr and the eBay versions. I examined them both. That’s evidence to me:
full

That’s what the OP asked for thats what i presented. As far as the Chinese deals i could be wrong but it doesn’t matter what we say, when he plays them he’ll known it’s the real deal

Last edited:

BGood

Reaction score
One thing you don't seem to get, is that what a faker aims to do, is to make his product just close enough to the real deal that you'll be deceived.

He blatantly succeeded here.

Imerkat

Reaction score
One thing you don't seem to get, is that what a faker aims to do, is to make his product just close enough to the real deal that you'll be deceived.

He blatantly succeeded here.

Nope; the point of faking things is to make MONEY. I’ve said this detail to you before so; What part of “machine-stamped multiple Epiphone logos on a toggle switch is not financially viable to fake because noone will give a flying duck” don’t you understand?
0ADEE1C3-8F9A-4D35-B2BF-CC86316D4AAA.jpeg

^^^This isn’t fake, it’s not “just close” it IS an Epiphone toggle switch from ebay.

I grew up in a poor community in Central America but we all wore Lacsote formal wear, you know why? Cuz the factory was right there

Attachments

• D27BC357-5DBA-4D49-8257-FCF1B89973E8.jpeg
    D27BC357-5DBA-4D49-8257-FCF1B89973E8.jpeg
    17.5 KB · Views: 3

BGood

Reaction score
It isn't any harder to copy a mold for that switch with the Epiphone word on it than one without it. It is not stamped but molded.

To make money, they have to trick you into believing it is legit, which they did again :h5:

Imerkat

Reaction score
It isn't any harder to copy a mold for that switch with the Epiphone word on it than one without it. It is not stamped but molded.

To make money, they have to trick you into believing it is legit, which they did again :h5:
This is not a mold. If you think it is you never work with machinery
full

And people say they want to see evidence but all I’ve ever found out by doing so is that it just makes them dig their heels even more

Space1999

Reaction score
So my pickups just arrived in town. They were shipped by Yanwen in China and then passed to USPS. I will post detailed pics when I get them.
Here is the link to the Reverb ad

Pat

Latest posts