Luke

Reaction score
2014 LP Florentine?
Don't know much about this model specifically but looks pretty legit to me except for the last few digits of the serial number which look damaged?
More experienced members might tell you with more certainty.

Last edited:

goldconch

Reaction score
Hi, a noobie with a judgement query...searched forum and couldn't find answer. I just acquired what looks convincingly to be a fairly new Jan 2021 build Sheraton II Pro, where seller attested legit provenance. The serial seems to pair well with the Epiphone decoder and timeline. The only suspect detail that I can spot is a blue f-hole label rather than the historical orange shown on Epi webstore. :ohno:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 10.50.33 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 10.50.33 AM.png
    467.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

BGood

Reaction score
Hi, noobie judgement query...searched forum and couldn't find answer. I just acquired what looks convincingly to be a fairly new Jan 2021 build Sheraton II Pro, where seller attested legit provenance. The serial seems to pair well with the Epiphone decoder and timeline. The only suspect detail that I can spot is a blue f-hole label rather than the historical orange shown on Epi webstore. :ohno:
I have never seen fakes of the new IBG series. Maybe they changed the paper color.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
If you go to the Sweetwater site and magnify the image, you can see a blue label on the discontinued Wine Red

1645037546584.png

BGood

Reaction score

Raiyn

Reaction score

Sinnerski

Reaction score
Who can tell me about my guitar ? I bought a Epiphone Gibson Junior here in the Netherland for 75 E , but the body seens of the E. Gibson Special II . The nech is unbelievable straight and i like it, en weights 3.525 Kg. is it not Strange?
Fake or not, nice wood grain

Sinnerski

Reaction score
View attachment 14829 Hi, Dave here... nice forum! 1st post But wanted to do To show/describe what I received Today, guitar was given to me. Pictures below:
Well, I have never seen a Chinese copy of a Chinese Epiphone custom shop SG, Now I've seen everything as I was just given a brand new one today! Head stock says Gibson, Truss rod cover says. Les Paul custom. Keys say Grover, They're pretty good keys but I suspect fake as well, supposed to be Epiphone deluxe and white. Pots are not CTS as they should be, Nut is plastic - not Graph Tech, PUPS? Don't know as I have not taken them out yet to inspect, however I naturally suspect them to be Not to be Alinco pro but cheaper pups. Will give them a good workout when I get my amplifier back. Actually not a bad guitar but needs a little work.
View attachment 14827 View attachment 14828
A Chibson. Wrong truss rod cover placement. No fret binings, wrong bridge and so on.
It looks very noice though.

Raiyn

Reaction score
It maybe a b stock. Usually with minor finish defecfs. One of my previous LP custom had the same sticker.
Fake or not, nice wood grain
A Chibson. Wrong truss rod cover placement. No fret binings, wrong bridge and so on.
It looks very noice though.
Unfortunately, none of the people you responded to have been seen around these parts in months. When they have low post counts like that (and are a few pages back), I usually click their name to check the "last seen on" date.

dylankinda

Reaction score
I played this used guitar at a local shop yesterday. The inside label says that it's an Emperor II model. When I was in the store, I looked up the serial number and it came back as a 2005 model made by peerless. I didn't buy it,

This guitar has some odd features that I've never seen before. Any ideas on what the story is on this guitar?

- the fingerboard/neck is different. On every Joe pass I've seen, the neck/fingerboard is attached to the top and ends in a wavy pattern. On this one, the neck/fingerboard end is floating above the top and ends in a square pattern (like a gretsch).
- the last E in the Epiphone logo looks like no other logo I've ever seen. I see that there are many variations on logos, but that last E looks very odd
- the F holes start in front/forward of the pickups. In all of the other Joe Pass/Emperor ii guitars I've seen, the F holes start on the same plane as the pickup
- no serial number on the headstock
-strap button is on neck heel instead of bout

My first thought is that this guitar may be a replica or some type of a franken. However, it is actually very well made. this one has me stumped. IMG_4299_2_20220325150853.jpg IMG_4300_20220325150855.jpg IMG_4301_20220325150858.jpg IMG_4304_20220325150904.jpg

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I looked up the serial number and it came back as a 2005 model made by peerless

I highly doubt Peerless made any €pi in 2005

those 'un-dater-sites are often wrong, especially with the (different) Peerless serial# system

FYYMRRRR
  • F = Factory code
  • YY = Year of manufacture
  • M = Letter code to corresponding month (A = January, B = February, etc.)
  • RRRR = Ranking number
Example: R01B0123 = Peerless Korea / 2001 / February / unit 0123.
mostly used on Peerless made Epiphones

and

Welcome here @ €piTalk
:wave:

Ted Spikey

Reaction score
LP (6).jpg LP (1).jpg LP (2).jpg LP (5).jpg LP (3).jpg
Hi.

New Member here. Recently bought this Epi LP and wondering whether anyone can firm whether it might be a genuine Epi or not? From pictures I've seen on the internet and the s/n I am thinking it could be a Standard style guitar from the Samick factory dated 2000?

Last edited:

BGood

Reaction score
It's legit. But it does have a lot of the characteristics of a fake, because it is Korean LPs from those years that fakers copied, with all their defaults.

Latest posts