The Stones were right

Otto99

Reaction score
How much do your preferred musical arteest charge for a single seat at one single show ?
A lot. My ardor for going to concerts cooled right off when CS&N were getting $650 for the best seats, and $75 for the extremely high up balconies so far away the performers look like Monopoly pieces. And I was including myself in the attempted joke about what “arteests” charge.

Otto99

Reaction score
And now that First Contact with the surgeon has been made, the hip ball and socket seems to be deteriorating exponentially. So we’ve discussed an alternate plan to the Big Spring Kick Off Art Festival, and having it done earlier in June.

Otto99

Reaction score
Well, I have the date of the bionic hip do, and it’s July 1. So I almost literally am getting a new hip for my 64th naming day, just two days early, because this year it’s on Sunday, and nobody does hip replacements on Sunday.

BGood

Reaction score
I got a new ticker booster two weeks ago week. One hour intervention, two days at the hospital for meds tweaking and I'm back home fully functional. I now feel 10 years younger.

Pace maker Medtronic.jpg

soulman969

Reaction score
No kidding. I've been looking for a dealer who'll take my body in on trade for my 25 year old version.......no dice. 😢

Digger

Reaction score
Well, I have the date of the bionic hip do, and it’s July 1. So I almost literally am getting a new hip for my 64th naming day, just two days early, because this year it’s on Sunday, and nobody does hip replacements on Sunday.
Best of luck mate and I hope it all goes really well for you.

Otto99

Reaction score
So got a call from the surgical center, saying they’d run my insurance, and apart from the $500 deductible, of which I was well aware, they mentioned the $3,300 “out of pocket” expense which hadn’t been met, so could I please pay that the morning of the surgery? I had no idea about the out of pocket thing - my fault for not keeping up with what the sneaky bastards were doing - but since I’ve been healthy and haven’t been visiting my cadre of doctors, I haven’t reduced the part I’m supposed to pay before any big stuff comes up and it’s covered. I got it down to $1,000 and they’ll do the surgery, but I’ve read about moving to Spain or some lovely place long enough to qualify for all that Sohshalleest medical insurance, living there for the entire rehab, and returning to the States way ahead of the cost of the whole bill here. Valencia seemed nice when the F1 boys raced there…

Last edited:

Lancpudn

Reaction score

Hope all goes well with the surgery.

BGood

Reaction score
So got a call from the surgical center, saying they’d run my insurance, and apart from the $500 deductible, of which I was well aware, they mentioned the $3,300 “out of pocket” expense which hadn’t been met, so could I please pay that the morning of the surgery? I had no idea about the out of pocket thing - my fault for not keeping up with what the sneaky bastards were doing - but since I’ve been healthy and haven’t been visiting my cadre of doctors, I haven’t reduced the part I’m supposed to pay before any big stuff comes up and it’s covered. I got it down to $1,000 and they’ll do the surgery, but I’ve read about moving to Spain or some lovely place long enough to qualify for all that Sohshalleest medical insurance, living there for the entire rehab, and returning to the States way ahead of the cost of the whole bill here. Valencia seemed nice when the F1 boys raced there…
Here everything is taken care of. My taxes paid for it.