Top Gun 2 Maverick

Otto99

Reaction score
Watched top gun 2 in 4Dx the other day... honestly probably one of the best movie "experiences".
For those that don't know, 4dx has effects inside the cinema that coincide with the movie... so moving seats - side to side, back and forth, but also parts of the seats move, so the back rest gives you a bit of a kick, there are vents in the headrest that fire jets of air at you, the cinema itself has strobe lighting, a snow making machine (?!?!?), smoke, water mist... and for a film like top gun, with the jets, dog fights, violent fast turns... it was just brilliant.

If you get the chance to watch it in 4dx just do it!!!
Never heard of 4Dx in a theatre, and we don’t have one yet here in Memphis, but the Borg 4D interactive ride at Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas had the air, seats moving, and a floor pitch movement. One thing they added was a spurt of water in your face when a Borg wasp drone hovering big in front of you was blown up. Best 3D I’ve ever seen, and the chair adding to the experience was freaky.

Digger

Reaction score
Never heard of 4Dx in a theatre, and we don’t have one yet here in Memphis, but the Borg 4D interactive ride at Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas had the air, seats moving, and a floor pitch movement. One thing they added was a spurt of water in your face when a Borg wasp drone hovering big in front of you was blown up. Best 3D I’ve ever seen, and the chair adding to the experience was freaky.
Strewth, I'm not even sure our theatre has colour much less 3D vision/

Darkness

Reaction score
I watched it. I went in with low expectations, driven by nostalgia, but I was presurprised by the quality of the film and sound. The scenes of dog fights and such were incredible. The plot had some confusing points and characters from the original (even one who was barely mentioned in the original).

The story isn't going to satisfy you're looking for serious depth. Its an action movie with some damn good film work.

Reaction score

Funnily enough, at one point in the movie there is a bird strike, in 4dx there was a jet of air and I think some water hit you as it happens.. 🤣
We all came out the cinema and decided we'd head to the pub for a drink and a sit down to calm down... it was not a case of "watching a movie" ended up feeling like you're living the movie... you find yourself doing the high G breathing techniques because of all the movements within the cinema..

Quite exhausting on reflection..

Digger

Reaction score
Chris came down and we saw this film yesterday!

It’s worth seeing and I’m glad I have! With or without the special effects.

I had a couple of wins, firstly they let me in free because of my DVA Gold Card and secondly the audio went staright to my hearing aids.

It was an especially nice experince going with my youngest son.

Last edited:

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Have to find time to make this at some point...

Attachments

• 20220617_114131.jpg
    20220617_114131.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 2