WANTED: Epiphone three point bass bridge in gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

neepheid

Reaction score
This is a long shot but does anyone have a gold three point bridge I could buy? I tried going to Epiphone direct but they couldn't help me because it's not an officially available spare part.

Thanks

Norton

Reaction score
hipshot. drop in replacement. better bridges all around

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Damn pricey but Babicz has them in gold. I've bee using the FCH-4 Top Load versions on my Squier P and J Basses for quite awhile now.

1674541428041.png

neepheid

Reaction score
I'm aware of both products, and their cost. It's the expense I'm balking at - I'm changing pickups too and I don't share a lot of people's hatred of the three point bridge - I'm not changing strings every week. Once it's set up, the three point bridge is fine, it does the job it's supposed to.

I really had hoped that Gibson/Epiphone could reach into the parts bin on the Rumblekat line and fish me out a bridge but they weren't up for it :(

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm aware of both products, and their cost. It's the expense I'm balking at - I'm changing pickups too and I don't share a lot of people's hatred of the three point bridge - I'm not changing strings every week. Once it's set up, the three point bridge is fine, it does the job it's supposed to.

I really had hoped that Gibson/Epiphone could reach into the parts bin on the Rumblekat line and fish me out a bridge but they weren't up for it :(

Don't suppose they were. They can't stop us from modifying our instruments but they will seldom if ever be a partner in it.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm aware of both products, and their cost. It's the expense I'm balking at -

I was lucky enough to have gotten mine for far less before they became as popular as they are now. But I can honestly say I will never own another Fender type bass without installing one. They are that good.

neepheid

Reaction score
I have replied to Epiphone's nope and basically asked them if something special/ad hoc can be arranged. Hey, if you don't ask, you don't get.

I would also wonder what a Rumblekat owner is supposed to do if they need assistance with their bridge...

neepheid

Reaction score
As expected, a hard no :(

Starting to think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get a Babicz/Hipshot. This will delay pickup procurement :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts