What did you do to your Epiphone today?

Nduro

Reaction score
replaced the switch, it did not connect sometimes, cleaning did not help. Epi makes poor quality switches, I have LPC, Studio and G400 and it is already listed in all of them.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
replaced the switch, it did not connect sometimes, cleaning did not help. Epi makes poor quality switches, I have LPC, Studio and G400 and it is already listed in all of them.
Did you try taking the switch apart like this? See here.
More often than not you just need to take it a part for a deep clean, reassemble it once and/or tighten the screws and they work great. The design is no different than any other switch you can get in the aftermarket. The only difference is that there's a lot of crud inside the cavity (particularly buffing compound) that gets stuck on the switch, they get sticky and grimy etc... It's as primitive a design as you can get in terms of mechanical parts.....

Nduro

Reaction score
as I said, cleaning did not help, and rather, the plates were worn, bending them helped for a short time.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I can't fault you for swapping it out. Presumably Switchcraft? While they are serviceable for a good while for a lot of people, sometimes an upgrade is for the best.

At least you tried to service yours before chucking it in the Phuket bucket.

Latest posts