Where’s Lancpudin?

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I topped the ute up with diesel yesterday and it took 43 litres and cost $92. Thats over $7 a gallon roughly.

There are still a few petrol stations selling the old super unleaded e5 petrol that a lot of people with classic cars use, A friend on a classic car forum who owns several classic cars filled up at one yesterday & said it was £2.01/litre £9.15/UK gallon :shock:$11.42, CAD14.42, AUD16.00, €10.72 :wow:Absolutely ridiculous.

Digger

Reaction score
There are still a few petrol stations selling the old super unleaded e5 petrol that a lot of people with classic cars use, A friend on a classic car forum who owns several classic cars filled up at one yesterday & said it was £2.01/litre £9.15/UK gallon :shock:$11.42, CAD14.42, AUD16.00, €10.72 :wow:Absolutely ridiculous.
Less robust economies cannot stand these costs and countries will fall if it doesn't resolve soon.

Digger

Reaction score
First night with our friends all together for some time and we had a terrific time together, the 8 of us. Hoping some others will come in a few days.

I debated bringing a chainsaw and wish I had now with a sizeable tree own just behind us.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
First night with our friends all together for some time and we had a terrific time together, the 8 of us. Hoping some others will come in a few days.

I debated bringing a chainsaw and wish I had now with a sizeable tree own just behind us.

Blimey mate you're slacking if you don't have a holiday chainsaw at hand :D Sounds like a good gathering of friends there, Have a good time.
Nothing on the cards for me today so I'm going to put my feet up & drive some steam engines :yesway:

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I've finally got an appointment with my Doc today, First one in over two & a half years since the beginning of the pandemic :shock:
I have the pleasure of a prostate examination later today :shock:

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Bloody kids with bloody footballs! Another window in my greenhouse broken yesterday :frown: It's only thin horticultural glass & doesn't take much to break, I'll be picking glass splinters out of my tomato plants for weeks :mad:

On another note the garden peas are ready for picking & taste delicious👍

soulman969

Reaction score
Well it looks like a Coloradan I will remain.

Verbal confirmation from my new boss to be came on Wednesday with the official written confirmation coming today a week later than my self imposed deadline but welcome none the less.

It's also kind of gratifying to be hired by a top shelf company in all respects like OtterBox especially when you're an old fart....LOL. They're very progressive and also treat employees very well.

So now the scramble to find suitable housing for my work from home position begins in earnest and it won't be all that easy. Rentals are somewhat scarce and very pricey based on my needs.

Gonna have a pretty hectic month coming up but at least it doesn't include a 1000 mile move across country that would have cost $2000 or more vs $200 or less to move 75 miles north of here.

Digger

Reaction score
Well it looks like a Coloradan I will remain.

Verbal confirmation from my new boss to be came on Wednesday with the official written confirmation coming today a week later than my self imposed deadline but welcome none the less.

It's also kind of gratifying to be hired by a top shelf company in all respects like OtterBox especially when you're an old fart....LOL. They're very progressive and also treat employees very well.

So now the scramble to find suitable housing for my work from home position begins in earnest and it won't be all that easy. Rentals are somewhat scarce and very pricey based on my needs.

Gonna have a pretty hectic month coming up but at least it doesn't include a 1000 mile move across country that would have cost $2000 or more vs $200 or less to move 75 miles north of here.
Good result and hope home hunting goes well.

soulman969

Reaction score
Good result and hope home hunting goes well.

Thanks Rob. I've done some already and while there are some beautiful seniors only places which rent for far less than others as you might imagine their availability is quite limited.

These types of developments receive huge tax credits provided they base rental costs on earned income on a sliding scale. I can't help but thinking this country will need far more of these places in the future.

soulman969

Reaction score
Just so that all of my weekly news wasn't a positive I got some very bad news yesterday. An old friend and my buddy in Green Bay John's brother-in-law Fred passed away yesterday AM in his sleep.

Freddie was essentially our age, we played ball together for several years on our company team, and was at one time our head of IT and Data Processing for the company we all worked for in Green Bay.

This is a blow. Freddie was married to John's sister Kathy and I have over the years been as much a part of their family as I have my own. Losing Fred is a blow to me as well but I am glad we got to see one another again during my last trip back to Wisconsin two years ago.

I'm waiting on the official notification and other info so I can send a card to Kathy and their two kids Staci and Fred Jr. Getting older hurts. Fred will be the fifth or sixth member of our championship teams to have passed away and we are all within just a few years of being the same age. It reminds me to use whatever time I have left wisely.

Digger

Reaction score
Just so that all of my weekly news wasn't a positive I got some very bad news yesterday. An old friend and my buddy in Green Bay John's brother-in-law Fred passed away yesterday AM in his sleep.

Freddie was essentially our age, we played ball together for several years on our company team, and was at one time our head of IT and Data Processing for the company we all worked for in Green Bay.

This is a blow. Freddie was married to John's sister Kathy and I have over the years been as much a part of their family as I have my own. Losing Fred is a blow to me as well but I am glad we got to see one another again during my last trip back to Wisconsin two years ago.

I'm waiting on the official notification and other info so I can send a card to Kathy and their two kids Staci and Fred Jr. Getting older hurts. Fred will be the fifth or sixth member of our championship teams to have passed away and we are all within just a few years of being the same age. It reminds me to use whatever time I have left wisely.
Commiserations my friend, a sudden passing like that is a shock alright! Unfortunatrely I have a stream of friends that I’ve left behind but will never forget them as each has left me a little richer for the knowing.