Where’s Lancpudin?

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I mowed the back lawns yesterday & sorted some plants out for a neighbour, The dwarf sunflowers are doing excellent this year probably because all 20 of them are off the ground away from the slugs / snails who would devour them overnight if I planted them in the ground.:frown:
I gave her 4 dwarf sunflowers & a sweet sugar squash plant that I'd nowhere to put, I've already planted one in the compost heap just to see how it goes on.

soulman969

Reaction score
Seems like it'll be another week or two of interrupted and crazy sleep patterns as I clear out closets and drawers packing up whatever meager belongings I plan to take with me.

Thinking back on 11 years ago when I moved in here I did it all with a friends SUV. I had two suitcases and a few boxes full of clothes and personal items, one laptop, one guitar, and one amplifier.

Now I'm looking at a cargo van to make this move mostly because of having accumulated a dozen or so guitars and several amps. It's these damn forums I tell you. They're the work of the rock n roll devil. :dude:

Whitefang

Reaction score
Man, I HATE moving. After Me and the ex split, the woman who became my 2nd wife and I moved 5 times within 10 years. And one more time 15 years after the last one in the first ten. Without the long story, the last move was where I'm living now. A rental. After seven years the landlord told me he was selling the place and didn't know if whoever bought it would keep it a rental property. And if not it meant making another move. But the move here damn near killed me. And that was when I was seven years younger and much healthier than when he put the place up for sale. And too, my wife, due to a stroke was a bedbound invalid and the logistics of moving her, the hospital bed and food pump plus all the crap we've accumulated over 30 years was an overwhelming proposition. So I made the arrangements to buy the place. Paying WAY less per month than the landlord was charging for rent. :fingersx:

Whitefang

Digger

Reaction score
Good job there Ken, a much more secure proposition for you!

I had a wood day yesterday.......surprise..surprise! Dragged a couple of heavy barrows full over to the verandah and then set about doing more splitting. No tractor this time, just carried what I could manage over to the splitter. Made it to 12.30 where my back and low sugar pulled me up.

Good to be producing again though.

Last edited:

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Up early this morning as one of our cats hasn't been too well for the last two days not eating, drinking or doing toilet. Vets appointment later today with her after I've been to see the urologist later this morning.

soulman969

Reaction score
Renting does have it's drawbacks one of which is a total lack of control over what an owner decides to do with your "home". This is something I've become even more acutely aware of this past year as the new owners have torn this place apart in the name of renovating it so they could increase rents by 50%. Sorry, I'm not in for that last one at all.

But when I sold my house years ago it was to get away from weekly lawn and landscaping in summer and snow removal in the winter. It was to become more portable and also to have a place where working from home made me more efficient than having office expense and overhead any longer. It was for a post divorce change in lifestyle.

Now there isn't a day that goes by where I wish I had not done that. :frown:

Digger

Reaction score
Got quotes for 2 solar power systems yesterday.

Biggest system even with govt rebates was $20k but would make us independent of the grid most of the time. (incs battery)

Governments shutting down coal plants without providing alternatives is seeing power shortages here now whilst the fools still think that alternatives are the answer. Alternatives help, but where’s the base load? Power may go up by a factor of 3 before Christmas.

I still have to absorb the information I’ve been sent yet.

My Pad is needing charging 3 times a day now, just since it was worked on last, maybe more expense? Apple seem to be offering a trade in so maybe that’s worth investigating?

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Not the news I wanted to hear at the urologist yesterday, The PSA (prostate specific antigen) blood test results were double what they should be at 6.7, a blood count for a man my age should be 3.0. I had another prostate examination & it confirmed my docs diagnosis that it's abnormal large hard & lumpy not smooth like it should be.
Now awaiting appointments for a biopsy & MRI scan,
Our cat had a steroid injection & enema at the vets which seems to have done the trick & she's perked up a lot eating a little & doing toilet :yesway:

Damn wood pigeons down the chimney again :frown: This old house has fireplaces in all the rooms which have been closed off apart from the living room with drywall & plastered, Two of the cats were going nuts in the back bedroom yesterday morning as the pigeons that fell down the chimney pot were flapping like mad behind the drywall so I had to cut another hole in the drywall to get the buggers out.:mad:
I managed to grab hold of one & take it outside but it died from the stress I reckon!! The other pigeon has gone further up the chimney out of reach so I've put a cat box up against the hole to see if it'll go into it.

I'll have to get the chiney pots capped off as I cant keep doing this, stupid birds :rolleyes:

0e6cwNkl.jpg

Digger

Reaction score
Not the news I wanted to hear at the urologist yesterday, The PSA (prostate specific antigen) blood test results were double what they should be at 6.7, a blood count for a man my age should be 3.0. I had another prostate examination & it confirmed my docs diagnosis that it's abnormal large hard & lumpy not smooth like it should be.
Our cat had a steroid injection & enema at the vets which seems to have done the trick & she's perked up a lot eating a little & doing toilet :yesway:

Damn wood pigeons down the chimney again :frown: This old house has fireplaces in all the rooms which have been closed off apart from the living room with drywall & plastered, Two of the cats were going nuts in the back bedroom yesterday morning as the pigeons that fell down the chimney pot were flapping like mad behind the drywall so I had to cut another hole in the drywall to get the buggers out.:mad:
I managed to grab hold of one & take it outside but it died from the stress I reckon!! The other pigeon has gone further up the chimney out of reach so I've put a cat box up against the hole to see if it'll go into it.

I'll have to get the chiney pots capped off as I cant keep doing this, stupid birds :rolleyes:

0e6cwNkl.jpg
If they’d caused me that much trouble they all would have died of “stress” I reckon. Pigeon pie coming up?

Digger

Reaction score
Lots happening today!

I have a handyman here all morning staring early as he lives just around the corner. Shawn is going to be doing wood for me today and he can take his choice, cutting, splitting or stacking, or a bit of each.

2 granddaughters coming later for a few days. I have to transfer all the data off my old iPad to a new one I bought yesterday. I may mow, see how wet things are about 10 AM?

Lancpudn

Reaction score
If they’d caused me that much trouble they all would have died of “stress” I reckon. Pigeon pie coming up?

LOL Bleddy thing woke me up at 05:00 this morning flapping it's wings plus the cats going nuts for a piece o the action :D. I have an open cat basket jammed up against the hole for it to crawl into but no joy.
I removed the basket & tried to grab it this morning but it's riddled free & gone back up the chimney minus a few tail feathers now :shock: Stupid bird.

Otto99

Reaction score
Our cat had a steroid injection & enema at the vets which seems to have done the trick & she's perked up a lot eating a little & doing toilet
Ouch. For whatever reason, although my urologist and I have a notion about that, my last PSA was the highest yet, at .07, and I’m 64 next week. Positive, healing thoughts coming across the pond at ya!

soulman969

Reaction score

0e6cwNkl.jpg
Wow, you've had a lot of your plate to digest eh? Best wishes on all.

Digger

Reaction score
Big day yesterday staring with replanting an orange tree. My back & swinging a mattock are not compatible! Planted a few veggies and then did a BIG mow. 10 minutes from finishing I picked up some tangled wire netting which stopped the cutters dead! Mower is now jacked up waiting for me to pull the blades off whereby wire should come off. After 3 hours of work yesterday I was too buggered to finish it.

Contractors got $77k from the govt to do the clean up here and I’m still finding stuff in the ground where our cottage was.

Taking grandaughters to Raymond Island to see the Koalas today and then out to lunch. SIL Roz is coming too. Should be fun.

Digger

Reaction score
I had a big day yesterday starting at 9AM and finishing after 12.30. Firstly planting some veggies, then moving an established orange tree. I can tell you that my back and swinging a mattock are not compatible!

The next couple of hours were spent on my mower under difficult conditions doing a BIG mow! I came to a crashing halt when 10 minutes before I finished I picked up some wire netting off the ground that tangled the blades up and stopped me dead.

The clean up contractors after the fire got $77k from the govt to do each property and all this rubbish was meant to be gone. This was about where the cottage we lost was. Mower is currently up in the air waiting for me to remove the blades at which time the netting should drop off. 3 hours flat out was a long time for a 76 year old and I was too buggered to finish the job.

Shawn stacked all the split wood I had so at least there is air flow around it now. I estimate there’s 600 pieces of wood in the stack but need 3 X that for the season.

Talking the grandaughters and Gael’s sister Roz to Raymond Island this morning to see Koalas. Lunch at a nice place after that. Should be fun.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Ouch. For whatever reason, although my urologist and I have a notion about that, my last PSA was the highest yet, at .07, and I’m 64 next week. Positive, healing thoughts coming across the pond at ya!
Wow, you've had a lot of your plate to digest eh? Best wishes on all.

Cheers guys, Things are moving along with appointments coming in for a MRI scan first thing Monday morning & an appointment for the biopsy on the 12th July, An appointment with the DVT guys on the 6th July as I have to come off blood thinners 5 days prior to the biopsy & use a 'bridging medication' via injections. The joys of getting old eh!

Lancpudn

Reaction score

LOL Bloody thing started flapping it's wings again bang on 05:00 same as yesterday :shock: How strange. I removed the open cat basket from the hole in the fireplace but It's still too far up the chimney for me to reach & I cant get a stick long enough up there to poke it down :frown: stoopid bird.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Roughly one week 'til moving day. Going up to Ft Collins later today and hope to secure a new place to live before the weekend is out. Wish me luck......I'll need it.

Good luck soulman, I hope everything works out.