Where’s Lancpudin?

Raiyn

Reaction score
Harvested the first 30 ltr bucket of potatoes yesterday afternoon, A first early variety called Red Dukes of York :yesway:

44shxlll.jpg

That pickup truck is kinda a tight squeeze getting it up the narrow service road entrance especially with cars parked too close to the entrance.

NzKkomkl.jpg
Just be glad she didn't get her hands on an F-150.
Maverick-Size-Comparison.jpg

2022_ford_maverick_f-150_ranger_comparison.jpg

I had looked at getting a Ranger early / pre-pandemic because it was the sweet new "smaller" truck. At the time, I decided to hold off since we really weren't doing any thing that would require a second vehicle at that point. Fast forward through supply chain woes to today's gas prices and I'm glad I held off.

The Maverick though, that's an interesting platform.

soulman969

Reaction score
Harvested the first 30 ltr bucket of potatoes yesterday afternoon, A first early variety called Red Dukes of York :yesway:

44shxlll.jpg

That pickup truck is kinda a tight squeeze getting it up the narrow service road entrance especially with cars parked too close to the entrance.

NzKkomkl.jpg
Ooooo.....those potatoes look good. Love reds.

The packing here continues.

Guitars are all cased or stored in their gig bags. Amps and pedals all disconnected and ready to be moved. Dishes and some other kitchen stuff is packed but I'm probably gonna need one more box for the rest.

My roomies place won't be ready for another week or two so he'll be here 'til the 15th. That being the case I can probably leave my big stuff here as well and move it all from here right into the apartment that weekend. But I may take the guitars up with me on Monday.

Uhaul will not rent me a truck for a one way move. They say I have to return it to Englewood. :facepalm: What flipping rip off especially when there's a Uhaul place just a mile or two from the apartment. So roughly 130 miles x 1.09 per mile weekend rate. It's only .69 per mile on weekdays but to them Friday is a weekend. This kind of profiteering is really getting out of hand.

You all should have been around for that part of my conversation with them. It started with on what planet is Friday NOT a weekday? It went downhill from there with several comments about their mothers sexual perversions and their lack of a father. The problem is they may be the only game in town.

Anyone have a good gypsy or black voodoo curse I can lay on 'em?

Lancpudn

Reaction score

I had looked at getting a Ranger early / pre-pandemic because it was the sweet new "smaller" truck. At the time, I decided to hold off since we really weren't doing any thing that would require a second vehicle at that point. Fast forward through supply chain woes to today's gas prices and I'm glad I held off.

The Maverick though, that's an interesting platform.

Maverick though, that's an interesting platform.

We just don't have the space here with our narrow road network, She has to park it at an angle in the driveway to get out otherwise it's a six point turn :facepalm:. Roads & parking bays are narrow here & this thing covers both the parking bay lines.
She got it primarily to tow a horsebox to horse shows, The hire companies wont hire you one unless the vehicle is a certain unladen weight, size to tow it. It will cost her a small fortune to run on diesel here, It would be even more expensive if she got a petrol one :shock:

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Ooooo.....those potatoes look good. Love reds.

The packing here continues.

Guitars are all cased or stored in their gig bags. Amps and pedals all disconnected and ready to be moved. Dishes and some other kitchen stuff is packed but I'm probably gonna need one more box for the rest.

My roomies place won't be ready for another week or two so he'll be here 'til the 15th. That being the case I can probably leave my big stuff here as well and move it all from here right into the apartment that weekend. But I may take the guitars up with me on Monday.

Uhaul will not rent me a truck for a one way move. They say I have to return it to Englewood. :facepalm: What flipping rip off especially when there's a Uhaul place just a mile or two from the apartment. So roughly 130 miles x 1.09 per mile weekend rate. It's only .69 per mile on weekdays but to them Friday is a weekend. This kind of profiteering is really getting out of hand.

You all should have been around for that part of my conversation with them. It started with on what planet is Friday NOT a weekday? It went downhill from there with several comments about their mothers sexual perversions and their lack of a father. The problem is they may be the only game in town.

Anyone have a good gypsy or black voodoo curse I can lay on 'em?

Any excuse to gouge you eh! That seems odd that they have another UHaul site near your new place but you cant drop it off there. Just adds to the stress levels.

Otto99

Reaction score
We just don't have the space here with our narrow road network, She has to park it at an angle in the driveway to get out otherwise it's a six point turn :facepalm:. Roads & parking bays are narrow here & this thing covers both the parking bay lines.
She got it primarily to tow a horsebox to horse shows, The hire companies wont hire you one unless the vehicle is a certain unladen weight, size to tow it. It will cost her a small fortune to run on diesel here, It would be even more expensive if she got a petrol one :shock:
They’ve all done this, at least for our market. My son had a Toyota Tacoma, which at one time was a small truck. His was massive, and the next one up was an apartment building on wheels. My 02 Wagon is tiny compared to the same car in 2022. And these behemoth trucks are causing issues here to a degree, as the city has three lanes each way on many major streets with a center turn lane that should have been left as two lanes with a turn lane. Some of these overcompensators with 32” tires on a 2 foot lift have no business navigating tight urban streets.

soulman969

Reaction score
Any excuse to gouge you eh! That seems odd that they have another UHaul site near your new place but you cant drop it off there. Just adds to the stress levels.
Very little is making sense lately Ian. My sense of it coming from being the analytical I am is that via reductions in competition many companies have become quite arrogant in how they treat customers. It's more of less a "this is our deal do you want it or not". Creating good customer relationships is a thing of the past.

In this case UHaul has a virtual monopoly in the local do it yourself moving business. So much so that they can declare a move from Denver to Ft Collins a "local move" which then requires returning the truck to it's original location creating more profit for them and less of a logistics hassle with balancing their truck inventory.

Instead of having to either pay a UHaul employee to bring back a vehicle or wait for it's return via another rental they can actually charge the customer to return it to them @ $1.09 per mile plus fuel. So it will cost me about $100 more to return their truck to them here vs dropping it off two miles away in Ft Collins. Nice racket eh?

I'm looking into other options today but I'm not certain I'll find one.

Otto99

Reaction score
@soulman969, looks to me like you go through too many other towns I’ve heard of to consider Ft. Collins a local move. We have a quaint colloquial term for such a thing here in Memphis, but I do prefer when posting to use the Proper Scottish term of ”I smell shyte!”

soulman969

Reaction score
@soulman969, looks to me like you go through too many other towns I’ve heard of to consider Ft. Collins a local move. We have a quaint colloquial term for such a thing here in Memphis, but I do prefer when posting to use the Proper Scottish term of ”I smell shyte!”
It's 65 miles from here to where I'll be unloading with loads of other towns and open country in between so it's anything but local. But if you caught my thinking the deal is the local UHaul place is actually charging me to return their equipment to them.

When I pointed out that their website says that a vehicle can be rented for a one way move she told me those are booked out months in advance which has go to be pure bullshit. How many people know they'll be moving and where to months in advance?

The bottom line is they simply don't want to rent out one of their most popular small trucks or van on a one way move then have to retrieve it from that location. I'm gonna explore other options and also try booking one through their website and see if that changes anything because when I shopped it before it could be done.

The extra $100 won't break me but it's an insult coming from a company who specializes in one way moves plus it requires my spending another 3-4 hours returning the truck then turning around and driving right back to Ft Collins. My time is worth something too. This is just another one of those we do it like this because we can deals so phuc you.

Raiyn

Reaction score
They’ve all done this, at least for our market. My son had a Toyota Tacoma, which at one time was a small truck. His was massive, and the next one up was an apartment building on wheels. My 02 Wagon is tiny compared to the same car in 2022. And these behemoth trucks are causing issues here to a degree, as the city has three lanes each way on many major streets with a center turn lane that should have been left as two lanes with a turn lane. Some of these overcompensators with 32” tires on a 2 foot lift have no business navigating tight urban streets.
Yup. Our '08 (remember, FL car) Outback looks about the same size (give or take) as a current gen Crosstrek but truncated.

'08 Outback Dimension (Exterior)
Length189.0 in
Width69.7 in
Height63.2 in
Wheelbase105.1 inch

'22 Crosstrek Dimension (Exterior)
Length176.5 in
Width71.0 in
Height63.6 in
Wheelbase104.9 inch
Ground clearance8.7 inch

Chopping the rear by a foot does make a difference, but the similarities are obvious.

Length191.3 in
Width73.0 in
Height66.4 in
Wheelbase108.1 inch
All of this is really only about 3 inches in any direction, but the car looks so much bigger than Bloo. Optical delusions I suppose.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
My turn for Puter troubles :frown: My gaming PC keeps crashing with blue screen error messages mostly a 'uncorrectable error' message.
I tried pulling the RAM sticks out overnight & replacing them the next day as someone suggested which seemed to work for a while but after 15 minutes the blue screen crash was back.:frown:

The WIN 10 OS is on a SSD, I connected up a HDD with Linux OS & it worked just fine. I'm thinking I need a new SSD or HDD & a clean install of WIN 10 again :dunno:

Lancpudn

Reaction score

I ended up doing a fresh install of Win 10 on it, All those passwords that you put at one side then forget where they are :facepalm: It took a couple of hours to reinstall the Win 10 & everything seems to be working fine, I managed to find my 'Steam' password for the TSW2 games so I'm just having that on the PC along with a browser & that's it. I have other desktop PC's I can use for browsing the net/forums etc.

soulman969

Reaction score
Headed back to Ft Collins for the week. 10 days of indoctrination and training begin tomorrow when I officially become an "Otter". Don't ya' just love the cute nicknames companies like to give their employees? :rofl:

1656947186650.png
This must be me......

Digger

Reaction score
I had a big day yesterday!

Serviced 2 chainsaws, cut up and removed a pile of big branches that had fallen over and blocked the top access track, cut up some trees until I was unable to do more, slashed some weeds in the paddock and toured looking at the pasture, considering seeding in spring. Then I checked the strainer on the spillway to the dam, all OK, my fish should still be in there despite it overflowing continuousy for many months.

Crossing back over the low bit below the dam there was 20’ wide of water running across and I wasn’t sure I’d get the tractor through. Water was half way up and almost over my feet! She swam through though, but got awful dirty.

Then I cut out a very big root that was impeding a farm gate as it wouldn’t swing inwards. Cows can’t knock it shut now. That was a bit of a job!

Tractor was putrid so I gave it a wash and then swept out the trailer in preparation for it going back in the shed.

1.30 by then and it’s a wonder I hadn’t gone low in sugar!~

It was good swinging a chainsaw again as it’s been a few weeks and at least I felt productive yesterday.

soulman969

Reaction score
There's a UHaul place just a mile or two away so what I'll probably do is rent a truck there, drive back to Denver, load up, and bring it all back here. Then once I unload I can drop the truck off here and not have to worry about a 3rd trip driving my car back up to Ft Collins.

At least some good news is that my place may be ready by next weekend rather than the following weekend and that would help a lot. I should know by Wednesday.

soulman969

Reaction score
I had a big day yesterday!

Serviced 2 chainsaws, cut up and removed a pile of big branches that had fallen over and blocked the top access track, cut up some trees until I was unable to do more, slashed some weeds in the paddock and toured looking at the pasture, considering seeding in spring. Then I checked the strainer on the spillway to the dam, all OK, my fish should still be in there despite it overflowing continuousy for many months.

Crossing back over the low bit below the dam there was 20’ wide of water running across and I wasn’t sure I’d get the tractor through. Water was half way up and almost over my feet! She swam through though, but got awful dirty.

Then I cut out a very big root that was impeding a farm gate as it wouldn’t swing inwards. Cows can’t knock it shut now. That was a bit of a job!

Tractor was putrid so I gave it a wash and then swept out the trailer in preparation for it going back in the shed.

1.30 by then and it’s a wonder I hadn’t gone low in sugar!~

It was good swinging a chainsaw again as it’s been a few weeks and at least I felt productive yesterday.
Lord almighty you are one hard workin' man! :cheers:

Latest posts