Where’s Lancpudin?

Digger

Reaction score
Finished cleaning up around the fruit trees yesterday between showers, just have to fertilise them and apply some trace elements which I’ll have to buy if I haven’t any in the shed?? Shawn was here and did a couple of hours of splitting for me and I may have enough done to see me through winter without touching my drying stack?? Just got it done in time as there were a couple of leaves starting to bud.

Talking to Kell last night and am going to pick her up and take her to lunch today as I haven’t seen much of her since the transplant. We’ve done this father/daughter lunch before and both love having time together. Before lunch I am having a haircut.

Raiyn

Reaction score
What I didn’t know was it was at a breast cancer treatment center. The looks I got when I walked in…
Male breast cancer is a thing, and you're in the right age bracket.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
That's all the scans done now so I just have to wait for the team to make an appointment for me with the results.

Going to be lawn mowing duties today as soon as the grass dries out a bit more. Lots of ripe tomatoes on the vines so it's freshly sliced tomato on toasted wholemeal bread for breakfasts. I'll bag some up & take them over to Mam later.

Otto99

Reaction score
Male breast cancer is a thing, and you're in the right age bracket.
Yes, I know, but it’s not common and I’m pretty sure none of the ladies in the waiting room immediately thought of that possibility.

Whitefang

Reaction score
But I get the feeling. Back in the days before doctors would call your favorite pharmacy with your prescriptions, you or someone you authorize would have to go pick them up at the doctor's. I had to do that for a prescription an OB/GYN had for my wife when she was expecting our first. I did get some odd looks from a few of the ladies in the waiting room, but they faded once they overheard why I was there. 😉

Whitefang

Digger

Reaction score
Good news Kellie is doing well mate. :yesway: Nothing much on the cards today but I do need an haircut, Trouble is it's school holidays here & the hairdressers are usually packed with kids having their haircuts.
I had mine cut yesterday before I picked Kellie up. She was crook all night and most of today, must have got a bad prawn.

Digger

Reaction score
I did mostly garden stuff yesterday. Planted some peas, Iceberg Lettuces and carrots, then spread fertiliser & trace elements for the fruit trees and bushes. Lastly took the tractor over and picked up a heap of tree debris (kindling) inc. a big bad for Roz.

Fruit trees have had more TLC this year than since before the fire and I expect some beautiful apples!

soulman969

Reaction score
Yes mate pos. vibes heading uphill to you as I type!

Not much fun getting old at times is it?
[Intro]
What a drag it is getting old

[Verse 1]
"Kids are different today," I hear every mother say
Mother needs something today to calm her down
And though she's not really ill, there's a little yellow pill

[Refrain]
She goes running for the shelter of her mother's little helper
And it helps her on her way, gets her through her busy day.

I like my father's little helpers too. Good of them to have made it all nice and legal here too. The 2:1 CBD to THC works wonders for my aching back.

soulman969

Reaction score
You guys are gardening while I'm learning to become one of those customer/technical service types you talk to on the phone each time you have a need to call someone about and issue with __________ fill in the blank.

But I'm happy to say that we all live in Colorado and with the exception of our bi-lingual Spanish speakers we all speak perfectly understandable English with an aim to resolve any issue with one simple telephone call or email or at least that's the plan.

Most of the time it works provided we're careful and accurate in fulfilling our roles but Lord Almighty there sure as hell is a lot to commit to memory as far as product knowledge goes. And politely speaking with callers while you're furiously inputting info into a complex info/order platform is like learning to play guitar/bass while singing at the same time. I'm learning new lessons in multi-tasking daily.

But I love the company, their products, and the people I work with and I love my office/living space. It's working out quite well. Most of my stuff has now been stowed away with the exception of the "music room" which I will hopefully be able to tackle this weekend then finally haul out my gits and play a bit. Otterbox is also full of other musicians so now I really know I've made the right choice. It feels like "home" again. :dude:

Digger

Reaction score
[Intro]
What a drag it is getting old

[Verse 1]
"Kids are different today," I hear every mother say
Mother needs something today to calm her down
And though she's not really ill, there's a little yellow pill

[Refrain]
She goes running for the shelter of her mother's little helper
And it helps her on her way, gets her through her busy day.

I like my father's little helpers too. Good of them to have made it all nice and legal here too. The 2:1 CBD to THC works wonders for my aching back.
CBD drops feature in my every night routine and are indispensable now.

Digger

Reaction score
Warnings of catastrophic increases in utilities in the news this morning were the final clincher and we ordered an 8.13 kW solar system with battery this morning. 22 panels and a 13kW battery.
Our power regulator talks about increases of 200% plus in electricity as a”starting point” so we couldn’t procrastinate any longer.

Our. bank account gave a big ” Ouch” this morning but sometimes you need to spend to save. Installation is about a month away.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I had mine cut yesterday before I picked Kellie up. She was crook all night and most of today, must have got a bad prawn.

I drove past a couple of hairdressers yesterday & the place's were packed so I didn't stop. The hairdressers in the supermarket were I usually go was closed yesterday :dunno: I'll try again today.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Warnings of catastrophic increases in utilities in the news this morning were the final clincher and we ordered an 8.13 kW solar system with battery this morning. 22 panels and a 13kW battery.
Our power regulator talks about increases of 200% plus in electricity as a”starting point” so we couldn’t procrastinate any longer.

Our. bank account gave a big ” Ouch” this morning but sometimes you need to spend to save. Installation is about a month away.

Nice one mate, I'd get a system like that in the blink of an eye if I could. It sounds like here! Electricity up 400% in the last 18 months & gas up 250% in the same period. The cost of utilities is getting ridiculous everywhere it seems. Electricity & gas prices are going up again in November when another price cap is lifted:frown:

On top of that the EU sanctions against Russia kick at the beginning of December whereas 90% of seaborne oil imports will be banned, We get a lot of our diesel from them here in the UK & they reckon there are 140 million diesel cars in Europe which will see more price rises then two months after that in Feb 2023 all refined oil products from them will be banned. All this on top of low gas reserves, Winter will be cold for a lot of people, Being a pensioner we're getting a payment of £400 towards heating bills to tide us over Winter.

Digger

Reaction score
Nice one mate, I'd get a system like that in the blink of an eye if I could. It sounds like here! Electricity up 400% in the last 18 months & gas up 250% in the same period. The cost of utilities is getting ridiculous everywhere it seems. Electricity & gas prices are going up again in November when another price cap is lifted:frown:

On top of that the EU sanctions against Russia kick at the beginning of December whereas 90% of seaborne oil imports will be banned, We get a lot of our diesel from them here in the UK & they reckon there are 140 million diesel cars in Europe which will see more price rises then two months after that in Feb 2023 all refined oil products from them will be banned. All this on top of low gas reserves, Winter will be cold for a lot of people, Being a pensioner we're getting a payment of £400 towards heating bills to tide us over Winter.
I’m glad you are getting some relief from those brutal increases Ian along with everything else on top of it.

We’re lucky to have enough sun here to make solar viable. Crikey, producing our own green energy, does that make me a Greenie?

Last edited:

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I’m glad you are getting some relief from those brutal increases Ian along with everything else on top of it.

We’re lucky to have enough sun here t9 make solar viable. Crikey, producing our own green energy, does that make me a Grrenie?

Bleddy tree hugger. :rofl:

soulman969

Reaction score
I realize I sound like some kind of anarchist but something needs to be done about the disparities between wages and rising costs. Over the past 40 years the middle class has been bled dry by the wealthy and profiteering corporations who via mergers and acquisitions have all but eliminated their competition allowing them to charge whatever they please for their crucial products and services.

Our healthcare costs have been one of the prime factors behind so many bankruptcies and in some ways this has all been carefully planned to keep the middle class from becoming too well off and still dependent on employers to provide healthcare coverage even when that coverage is not as good as it once was and it's costs are far higher. Healthcare for all is opposed by politicians indebted to special interests who pay them well to prevent this from ever happening in America.

Luckily our energy costs are not as bad as those experienced in Australia or England and Europe but only because the US is a major producer of natural gas and we still permit far too many coal fired plants to operate while wealthy energy interests oppose more wind power and solar both of which have grown in efficiency by leaps and bounds.

College educations deemed to be a necessity today have also grown in cost at a far greater rate than inflation. Annual tuition at one major state university that cost $1,100 per year in 1980 now runs over $11,000 per year more than 3x times the rate of inflation and the average college student now carries $37,000 worth of debt upon graduation from a 4 year program. Add another $10,000 to that for a masters degree.

Clearly the top 1% whose taxes are clearly far less than they should be do not want anyone else joining their private club. If the middle class becomes too financially secure and too well off they lose the power and control over them they have and it is clearly the objective of one of our political parties to see that the status quo remains intact. Money and the power and control it provides is all that interests them and they are very very fearful of losing it. This is the core of what our political battles are over and have been for over 40 years now. It has to change.

Digger

Reaction score
We produce our own gas, coal and oil but sell it to the world at prices we the average people can’t afford. World parity they call it. Something has to change! I suspect the companies involved are foreign mulit-nationals with liitle interest in anything other than profit. So we all see the ugly side of extreme capitalism I guess.