Where’s Lancpudin?

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
All quiet on the western front. Was hoping to get some wax on the old car this past weekend but the rain foiled my plans so I settled for cleaning the interior and all of the glass and some grocery shopping.

Got my best friend visiting from Wisconsin this weekend. He arrives on Thursday morning. We'll likely head down to Old Town Fort Collins for a bit and probably grab some lunch there before heading over to New Belgium Brewery for a 1.5 hour tour that ends in their beer garden.

Friday the weather calls for rain so we'll head into the mountains. Probably up to Estes Park to stroll around with the elk herd that's always around town and then a stop at the Stanley Hotel where they filmed all of the interior shots for "The Shining" and have a drink at the same bar where Jack Nicholson bs'd with Lloyd the bartender.

Haven't figured out what to do on Saturday quite yet. Maybe a road trip up to Cheyenne or Laramie Wyoming.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
All quiet on the western front. Was hoping to get some wax on the old car this past weekend but the rain foiled my plans so I settled for cleaning the interior and all of the glass and some grocery shopping.

Got my best friend visiting from Wisconsin this weekend. He arrives on Thursday morning. We'll likely head down to Old Town Fort Collins for a bit and probably grab some lunch there before heading over to New Belgium Brewery for a 1.5 hour tour that ends in their beer garden.

Friday the weather calls for rain so we'll head into the mountains. Probably up to Estes Park to stroll around with the elk herd that's always around town and then a stop at the Stanley Hotel where they filmed all of the interior shots for "The Shining" and have a drink at the same bar where Jack Nicholson bs'd with Lloyd the bartender.

Haven't figured out what to do on Saturday quite yet. Maybe a road trip up to Cheyenne or Laramie Wyoming.

Sounds like a fun time ahead to catch up with friends in those idyllic settings :cool:Swamped out with steady rain here again so indoor activities for me.

Digger

Reaction score
So chest infection has finally cleared itself up though it took a couple of months. My problem of swallowing isn’t cancer but rather one of my hernias is causing gastric reflux and the swallowing difficluties. Trying out reflux tablets to see if they help.

Could have been a lot worse!

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Ready for my two days off. And next week our entire crew gets another two days off on Thursday and Friday so two 3 day weeks back to back but paid for 5 days each week. Love to have one week per month like this and this month I get two.....LOL.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
So chest infection has finally cleared itself up though it took a couple of months. My problem of swallowing isn’t cancer but rather one of my hernias is causing gastric reflux and the swallowing difficluties. Trying out reflux tablets to see if they help.

Could have been a lot worse!

Good news there mate, I cant live without relux tablets myself (Omeprazole). Off shortly to a urology appointment(flow test) at Bolton hospital then off with Mam for our (C) booster jabs at the local clinic.

Digger

Reaction score
Some weeks you can scarcely do the things you want for medical appointments of one type or another. I shudder to imagine what life will be like in 10 years should I still be around??

Otto99

Reaction score
Some weeks you can scarcely do the things you want for medical appointments of one type or another. I shudder to imagine what life will be like in 10 years should I still be around??
Yeah, that’s true. We’ve got a large show this Saturday, the bride feels like she has the tummy bug that’s going around, and I have an appointment with a back surgeon 😳 today as I can’t stand the post hip overhaul legs cramping any longer. I have no idea what to expect, but chopping on my back will be the absolute last resort.

And great news on the doctor’s visit! I’ve been taking one Pepcid a day since the kidney ejection, as the nephrologist suggested I not take any antacid with lots of calcium.

Last edited:

Otto99

Reaction score
So, I schlog through traffic to get to my appointment, arriving early as traffic in that part of town is Hell in the afternoon, they snagged my copay, then said I was two hours late. I said, no, the appointment desk said 4, and while I freely admit to some hearing loss, I can by God hear the difference between the number 2 and the number 4. But tuff dartz, Greggo, come back Wednesday at 7:45 in the blessed AM. At least the copay will transfer.

Digger

Reaction score
So, I schlog through traffic to get to my appointment, arriving early as traffic in that part of town is Hell in the afternoon, they snagged my copay, then said I was two hours late. I said, no, the appointment desk said 4, and while I freely admit to some hearing loss, I can by God hear the difference between the number 2 and the number 4. But tuff dartz, Greggo, come back Wednesday at 7:45 in the blessed AM. At least the copay will transfer.
Bugger that annoying Greg!

Digger

Reaction score
The electricians from the solar company spent from about 8AM to 3PM finishing off our solar installation today. Even the inspector came signing off on the job so far. It will be a while before we can get the Tesla battery installed but for now we are using our own power during the day.

Does this mean I'm a “Greenie”? I feel quite virtuous~

Lancpudn

Reaction score
The electricians from the solar company spent from about 8AM to 3PM finishing off our solar installation today. Even the inspector came signing off on the job so far. It will be a while before we can get the Tesla battery installed but for now we are using our own power during the day.

Does this mean I'm a “Greenie”? I feel quite virtuous~

LOL Whens the electric Ute arriving mate. :D I read quite a few of the BEV forums & lots of those guys with ev's are getting solar & storage installed, mostly because of the state of the energy industry here with sky rocketing pricing.

Long waiting lists seem to be the big bugbear & short of installation teams to deal with the number of people wanting it. It's the same with the electricity suppliers having long waiting lists to upgrade the old 60amp mains electric to 100amp in a lot of these old housing stock so people can charge their ev's at home.
Lots of social housing have solar panels on the roofs here due to councils having to supply a certain amount of renewable energy to their housing stock by law. I'd get it in a shot if I could afford it.

I didn't score very well at the urology appointment yesterday, I drank two cups o tea & two pints of water prior to going so as to arrive for the flow test with a full bladder, I could only manage to pee 60 mls into the special toilet that records the stream strength & volume. You need to pee at least 150 mls for the test :rolleyes:

She sent me back to the waiting room to drink water from the water dispenser & come back in 40 minutes, I still could only do another 60 mls :shock: It's hard to pee on que. With the result of the flow test & the questionnaire I scored 30 out of 35 points, 35 being the worst score :frown:
I've got another appointment there in a months time, I've got appointments coming out of my ears at present.

Digger

Reaction score
I f
LOL Whens the electric Ute arriving mate. :D I read quite a few of the BEV forums & lots of those guys with ev's are getting solar & storage installed, mostly because of the state of the energy industry here with sky rocketing pricing.

Long waiting lists seem to be the big bugbear & short of installation teams to deal with the number of people wanting it. It's the same with the electricity suppliers having long waiting lists to upgrade the old 60amp mains electric to 100amp in a lot of these old housing stock so people can charge their ev's at home.
Lots of social housing have solar panels on the roofs here due to councils having to supply a certain amount of renewable energy to their housing stock by law. I'd get it in a shot if I could afford it.

I didn't score very well at the urology appointment yesterday, I drank two cups o tea & two pints of water prior to going so as to arrive for the flow test with a full bladder, I could only manage to pee 60 mls into the special toilet that records the stream strength & volume. You need to pee at least 150 mls for the test :rolleyes:

She sent me back to the waiting room to drink water from the water dispenser & come back in 40 minutes, I still could only do another 60 mls :shock: It's hard to pee on que. With the result of the flow test & the questionnaire I scored 30 out of 35 points, 35 being the worst score :frown:
I've got another appointment there in a months time, I've got appointments coming out of my ears at present.
I find that imagining a partially turned on tap and the noise it makes or the sound of water burbling over stones in a river gets me going nicely thank you.

As for an EV, don’t hold your breath! Anyway I read that there is a huge shortage of lithium in the world ATM and it’s going to have a huge affect on limiting battery production and prices.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I f

I find that imagining a partially turned on tap and the noise it makes or the sound of water burbling over stones in a river gets me going nicely thank you.

As for an EV, don’t hold your breath! Anyway I read that there is a huge shortage of lithium in the world ATM and it’s going to have a huge affect on limiting battery production and prices.

Yeah the price of lithium carbonate has risen really sharply over the last year, The legacy automakers are still scrambling to catch up & get enough supplies of it pushing the prices up even further.
The Chinese seem to have shedloads of the stuff.

I was reading yesterday that the brown stuff is really starting to hit the fan for legacy automakers in Europe, One of the biggest car rental companies in Europe 'SIXT' has just signed a contract with the big Chinese car giant BYD for 100,000 electric cars. :wow:
That market was traditionally the bread & butter domain of the German car giants Mercedes, BMW, Audi & VW. How times are changing.

Boy did it rain yesterday, It was like monsoon season for most of the day, I never set foot out of the house yesterday so drove some trains & used some of those lovely ripe tomatoes I bagged & put in the freezer when I had a glut of them, in the Summer, Perfect for making pasta sauces to go with meatballs. :dude:

c0M4MXkl.jpg

Jhs2agtl.jpg

The water butt looked like it was full yesterday :shock:

mSV6VqWl.jpg

Digger

Reaction score
We bought a couple of punnets of spring onions and some chives for out veggie frames today. Also grabbed one advanced tomato as we have hundreds of self seeding cherry tomatoes from last years crop. As they get bigger I’ll thin them out...a lot! There are none of the traditional names in tomatoes available, all are ones we aren’t familiar with, even heritage varieties.

Spring onions from our own garden are big and oh so sweet.

The whole east coast is drowning again, even some aspects of the Bathurst 1000 have been cancelled as there is too much water on the track.

C’mon Huey, enough is enough!

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I didn't have much success with onions this year, They all bolted & threw up scapes in those two heatwave spells we had, The scapes make for good eating though chopped up in a stir fry etc, I had more success with spring onions this year though and these are big bulb spring onions & dear me! are they strong tasting, I forgot the variety. I love them but my Missus isn't keen on them.

Rounded up some more veg stragglers yesterday from the greenhouse & garden as the few plants that are left are dying off with the colder weather.

I managed to score some full spectrum LED grow lights off ebay so I can start the heat loving bell pepper plants off in February with the help of the heat mat & heated propagator I have, Just need to make an insulated box lined with foil to reflect the heat & light.

RO43QlLl.jpg

There are clumps of mushrooms appearing on the front lawns that are shaded, Real sign of Autumn here. I don't know enough about mushrooms to know if they're edible or not.

jpiwjeql.jpg

Last edited:

Digger

Reaction score
I didn't have much success with onions this year, They all bolted & threw up scapes in those two heatwave spells we had, The scapes make for good eating though chopped up in a stir fry etc, I had more success with spring onions this year though and these are big bulb spring onions & dear me! are they strong tasting, I forgot the variety. I love them but my Missus isn't keen on them.

Rounded up some more veg stragglers yesterday from the greenhouse & garden as the few plants that are left are dying off with the colder weather.

I managed to score some full spectrum LED grow lights off ebay so I can start the heat loving bell pepper plants off in February with the help of the heat mat & heated propagator I have, Just need to make an insulated box lined with foil to reflect the heat & light.

RO43QlLl.jpg

There are clumps of mushrooms appearing on the front lawns that are shaded, Real sign of Autumn here. I don't know enough about mushrooms to know if they're edible or not.

jpiwjeql.jpg
Leave the mushies be I’d suggest. Some are bad news!

With a paddock full of cow poo we should have plenty of spores to start some serious muhroom colonies this year. I think they appear in Autumn here but I’m not sure.

We were at a garage sale at our neighbours above us yesterday and they overlook about 2/3rds of our property. The place looked great and the dam huge! I should have taken some photos but didn’t think of doing it unfortunately. I might go back up.

I planted the spring onions and tomato today and reckon we need a couple of more above ground garden beds so we can plant more lovely home grown food. Taters look good!

Digger

Reaction score
I have to do some tests on smart TV today running phone data, no internet, to see if I can cast programs from a device. If I can then it’s likely we will buy Roz a new TV for her 70th birthday next month.

I also need to re sight the scope on my PCP airgun as it’s out of wack having recieved a knock recently. The bunnies up on the top boundary are getting a bit cheeky!

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
So much "green thumb" activity goin' on I feel completely inept. A great gardener I am not and never was but now there's no place for one anyway.

Latest posts