Wombats!

Digger

Reaction score
I came across this and thought I’d share it with you.

Wombats are a part of life with us here on this property, Common Wombats to be more precise down south here.

I think they are the cutest animal in Oz!

They have dug huge warren complexes in our bush but being nocturnal we seldom see them. We see their diggings though and the little buggers try and dig under my shed at times. I’m very happy to be sharing this land with them!

Digger

Reaction score
They’re so cute when they are little!

Not so much when you run into a big one at night though! I have written off the front end of 2 cars running into them at night. Once was at 100 KPH and the thing just shook itself and wandered off. Built like brick dunnies!

Last edited:

Otto99

Reaction score
Every time I hear “Wombat” I think of a 125cc dirt bike that was all the rage when I was a lad, you know, back in the Pleistocene. The Hodaka Wombat! The chrome tank was a huge draw!
5300FE7B-2A6D-4F83-9576-DC2ECF2BCEFB.jpeg

Digger

Reaction score
I hd to knock Wombat poo off a piece of wood I’d cut recenly before I could add it to my tally yesterday. They seem to like to poo off the ground.

Digger

Reaction score
And they poop cubes too
I’ve been living with them for 35 years on this property and regularly encounter scat and had I not read it somewhere I wouldn’t have known that. Just looks regular shape to me! Perhaps mine dont have the rectangular mod?