WTAF???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitefang

Reaction score
Very accurate regarding Oscar Schindler. You did indeed understand the meaning of my statement on the movie and my opinion of the dangers of disarming a Nation. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.;

If you research the time and reasons for the US Constitution having the 2nd Amendment as to giving the rights to US the Citizens to keep Government in check, is exactly why it is there. We are a free Nation is the USA. Free even against an emeny from within or from other sources.

You have the same freedoms, the right to own and bear arms. It has no footnote saying the type of weapon or that meaning defined as to the type or make. It clearly stays away from that to ensure the rights shalll not be infringed. If you desire to not own an AR-15 that is your choice, it is your freedom BUT do not expect others to give up their rights because YOU want them to. Once you cross that line, it means if I want you to pay my house payment I should be able to make you do so.
You still don't seem to get it.
The second amendment was NOT created specifically to "keep the government in check." And if the AR-15 is restricted or prohibited for sale in the U.S. it's not necessarily a violation of my right.s . In the very recent past it was against the law for anyone to own an automatic/semi automatic weapon and nobody complained. Also there was nobody going into schools, nightclubs, churches and movie theaters with single shot deer rifles and opening fire. And nobody is really talking about taking away anyone's guns. That's just right-wing scare tactic hyperbole. Tighter restrictions on guns, registrations and background checks and permits along with limiting access or prohibiting particular types of firearms is NOT a violation of the 2nd amendment. And again...

"Schindler's List" was NOT based on the dangers of disarming a nation. Not by that nation's OWN government at least. And you(along with other 2nd amendment freaks) haven't addressed the initial statement in the amendment regarding "A well regulated militia". Something that I, anybody else I know, or I'll bet even YOU don't belong to. And that being the case, how then can it be believed the amendment refers to ANYONE being allowed to stockpile firearms in their homes?

Whitefang

syco

Reaction score
Please show me where the Constitution allows for slavery? And then point out where it did not allow women to vote? While you are pointing that out I do not support the tryant in the White House, who has robbed the USA of honest elections, raised the prices for everything there is by the insanity and dementia riddled actions displayed every time they speak to every and all audience, the person whom claimes to be a professor, truck driver and the head of his class when all those things were a lie, a head sniffer and grouper of small children, whom wants to allow anyone and everyone to merely walk right into the USA., that has taken the USA from being energy dependant to ever raising prices on fuel and cutting off the food supply while blaming it on a war in Ukraine. Yes indeed, you can speak of some straight horse crap as yes your political agenda shows like lightning bolts so much you hate the freedoms we have enjoyed with your desires of having a loon run the USA and to take freedoms from law abiding citizens. Are you so filled with hate you can't be happy with drag queen shows for the little kids in your area? You like your tax money doled out for sex changes for prisoners? I could go on and list a million things YOU and your kind stand for, but it would be a waste of time.

When the PERSON whom does a crime is arrested and convicted that is justice served. To blame an AR-15 of shootings and not the person shooting, is the most insane thing anyone has heard, but those of you that think that way have a special need to always blame anyone else no matter what the topic may be.

Give your pal Alec Baldwin a call, tell him it was all fine he got away with shooting the camera operator on his film, maybe you thought that was great because no AR-15 was used.

The late Johnny Carson said it best, when God made the USA he tilted the USA so all the nuts and squirrels rolled out west and some landed in a few higher states.

You have been on this website long enough to know the topics of politics are not to be allowed, but one rule for thee and not me is a typical agenda that your kind always desire to live by.
So far you have been the one trying to drag politics into it . You claim to be 80yrs old , yet you have no knowledge of events that took place in your " time " . Those who claim to be defending the constitution don't actually know what is in it so I can forgive you for your ignorance on that . People of your ilk seem to want to blame any and everything they can think of ....... except the actual cause . Your hate filled postings exemplify the true cause ........ HATE !!!!!!! It's not mental illness ( I'm nuttier than a can of mixed nuts and I haven't gone psycho yet ) , it's not gender identity , it is outright hate on both sides . The movie you seem to think is about gun rights , is about one man motivating an entire country into hating an entire class of people , because he felt they were inferior and trying to overtake the " motherland " . Does that familiar to you ? You apparently have internet access , so I suggest you use it to look up and read The Constitution ....... THE ENTIRE CONSTITUTION , not just the parts that appeal to your viewpoint . Your hatred and ignorance saddens me , but your hatred of the " U.S Military " maddens me . I served 24 years , so your ignorant ass could "pose " as an 80 year old man and spew your hatred . De Oppresso Liber

FINIS

Last edited:

Raiyn

Reaction score
simpsons-memes-old-man-yells-at-cloud.jpg

If I wanted to hear "conservative" propaganda , I'd watch Faux News prime time when they don't even pretend to broadcast actual news.

Screenshot_2022-06-09-14-18-41.jpg
*click*
Goodbye

Having made mention of Faux, and noting my avoidance of them, I do try to mix my sources of information lest I fall into the same sort of echo chamber situation as has befallen the dusted one. Having said that, it's become increasingly difficult given the cult of personality around TFG.

Last edited:

Old as Dust

Reaction score
Oooof....

I think I'm done now...

I'll wrap this one up for me with (hopefully) my final piece on the matter:

Going back to the start, this is why terminology is important.. "blaming an AR15".. that is the sort of nuance that is suggested by the pro lobby because of the poor wording of the anti lobby...

I don't think anyone is intentionally blaming what is, when untouched, an inanimate object, however they are blaming the system in which someone can legally get hold of said object when clearly unstable. Because there is such fight back when greater restrictions are talked about, the next topic becomes OK, if you guys don't want to make it harder to GET the guns, then can we at least get rid of the guns that typically get used by the morons to do their bidding. Hence why the AR15 cops it.... plus as I mentioned, it's frequently admired by the tacticool "I would have been a 10 star general admiral ranger navy seal, but I had a headache on sign up to the military day" brigade...

If some lunatic uses a truck to plough through a crowd of people, yes we don't blame the truck, but we question how the lunatic got the truck, were there any red flags, did he pass the right tests to get the truck, should we limit access to certain trucks for certain groups.

Reality is, in the most of the US, you guys are legally able to own a weapon designed to kill (something), before you're considered mature enough to have a weak as piss beer in a bar... if that doesn't say something about questionable US maturity levels AND the potentially misplaced trustworthiness to be given a lethal weapon, then I don't know what else (besides dead people) can...

...and lastly, I loved going shooting with my dad, it's a hobby/sport/past time that I really hope to get back into (as well as guitar) one day. I don't know if I think guns or certain types should be banned, or age limits raised, or what, but realistically if this thread serves as a spectrum of US points of view, then all I can see is in the future is a Divided States of America and something resembling civil war... no one will come out of it as a winner.
@Old as Dust and if you are aware history repeats itself, you shouldn't cherry pick certain parts of history, you should look at it in its entirety... paranoia is also a huge influencer in many horrific incidents over history.
I agree with what you state in the most part of your view point, thank you.

Old as Dust

Reaction score
I'm not interested in debating this farther. This tells us what we need to know. Combine these facts with the fact that the majority of this country wants to see greater gun control and it is the only logical step toward reducing deaths from mass shootings. No one needs an AR15.

During the 1994-2004 ban:

In the years after the assault weapons ban went into effect, the number of deaths from mass shootings fell, and the increase in the annual number of incidents slowed down. Even including 1999’s Columbine High School massacre – the deadliest mass shooting during the period of the ban – the 1994 to 2004 period saw lower average annual rates of both mass shootings and deaths resulting from such incidents than before the ban’s inception.

From 2004 onward:

The data shows an almost immediate – and steep – rise in mass shooting deaths in the years after the assault weapons ban expired in 2004.

Breaking the data into absolute numbers, between 2005 and 2017 – the last year of our analysis – the average number of yearly deaths attributed to mass shootings was 25, compared with 5.3 during the 10-year tenure of the ban and 7.2 in the years leading up to the prohibition on assault weapons.

Saving hundreds of lives​

We calculated that the risk of a person in the U.S. dying in a mass shooting was 70% lower during the period in which the assault weapons ban was active. The proportion of overall gun homicides resulting from mass shootings was also down, with nine fewer mass-shooting-related fatalities per 10,000 shooting deaths.
You left out the bottom few paragraphs of the article you posted from Yahoo news here. It stipulates that the information could not be totally reliable due to many other factors. The article was written the same as almost are Yahoo news articles are, a representation of the liberal agenda.

Last edited:

Old as Dust

Reaction score
So far you have been the one trying to drag politics into it . You claim to be 80yrs old , yet you have no knowledge of events that took place in your " time " . Those who claim to be defending the constitution don't actually know what is in it so I can forgive you for your ignorance on that . People of your ilk seem to want to blame any and everything they can think of ....... except the actual cause . Your hate filled postings exemplify the true cause ........ HATE !!!!!!! It's not mental illness ( I'm nuttier than a can of mixed nuts and I haven't gone psycho yet ) , it's not gender identity , it is outright hate on both sides . The movie you seem to think is about gun rights , is about one man motivating an entire country into hating an entire class of people , because he felt they were inferior and trying to overtake the " motherland " . Does that familiar to you ? You apparently have internet access , so I suggest you use it to look up and read The Constitution ....... THE ENTIRE CONSTITUTION , not just the parts that appeal to your viewpoint . Your hatred and ignorance saddens me , but your hatred of the " U.S Military " maddens me . I served 24 years , so your ignorant ass could "pose " as an 80 year old man and spew your hatred . De Oppresso Liber

FINIS
You might try reading the entire Constitution yourself. I have ZERO hatred of the Military. Your ignorance saddens me as well. I am more then welcome to enter any military function that I would desrire to attend, I visit meetings with younger members of the military that still are wearing the uniform, which I no longer wear after being honorably discharged for my 18 years of service, so that your ignorant ass could have the freedom to be on a computer to POSE as "someone", when you are actually clueless.

You are correct that there is a lot of hate from both sides, it will only grow because of idiots that want to turn away from families that desire to live with all the freedoms afforded to them, by being oppressed by those that prefer the total control by the greed of government leaders. It was the VIRUS and now GUN CONTROL, and the sheep will go along with what ever else comes next. Most young people (under 18) die from automobile wrecks. I do not see you raising your hand to make driving a car at the age of 18, or younger, being made illegal.

I am certain froim all the twisting and insults you have hurled suggest when the idiots in office now put out more insanity to have mail in voting so they can stuff ballot boxes past the deadlines for voting to take place to begin with, the excuse will be Monkey Pox. Please post a few pictures of you standing in line to ingest 20 pounds of Banana Pudding when they mandate that as the "fix", the new vaccine for it.

Raiyn

Reaction score
If I wanted to hear "conservative" propaganda , I'd watch Faux News prime time when they don't even pretend to broadcast actual news.
Did you guys hear that Faux ran Ball Tan Guy commercial free during the first hour of "That Capitol Show" ? Seems like a pretty desperate attempt to keep the indoctrinated from switching over at the commercials.

I would imagine there's more Faux News talking points somewhere above this post, and I truly feel sorry for the family members that have been alienated by such insane rhetoric.

My own aunt who is in the same age bracket as Dusty has fallen prey to the rampant misinformation to the point where she demanded to know if the doctor put C19 as my mother's cause of death because "the doctors get more money for that". Just for the record, my mother passed from lung cancer - prior to there being a diagnosed case of C19 within 50 miles of her.

As far as I'm concerned, those folks can take all of their Q derived conspiracy theories, wad them up, turn them sideways, and shove them up their prune holes.

Reaction score
Did you guys hear that Faux ran Ball Tan Guy commercial free during the first hour of "That Capitol Show" ? Seems like a pretty desperate attempt to keep the indoctrinated from switching over at the commercials.

I would imagine there's more Faux News talking points somewhere above this post, and I truly feel sorry for the family members that have been alienated by such insane rhetoric.

My own aunt who is in the same age bracket as Dusty has fallen prey to the rampant misinformation to the point where she demanded to know if the doctor put C19 as my mother's cause of death because "the doctors get more money for that". Just for the record, my mother passed from lung cancer - prior to there being a diagnosed case of C19 within 50 miles of her.

As far as I'm concerned, those folks can take all of their Q derived conspiracy theories, wad them up, turn them sideways, and shove them up their prune holes.

Whilst I'm pretty sure across the pond a lot of the Conservative leaning folk fell victim to the c19 conspiracy theories, over here in the UK it was spread quite well across the board, ultra left to ultra right...the lunatics had no political bounds 😄

syco

Reaction score
You might try reading the entire Constitution yourself. I have ZERO hatred of the Military. Your ignorance saddens me as well. I am more then welcome to enter any military function that I would desrire to attend, I visit meetings with younger members of the military that still are wearing the uniform, which I no longer wear after being honorably discharged for my 18 years of service, so that your ignorant ass could have the freedom to be on a computer to POSE as "someone", when you are actually clueless.

You are correct that there is a lot of hate from both sides, it will only grow because of idiots that want to turn away from families that desire to live with all the freedoms afforded to them, by being oppressed by those that prefer the total control by the greed of government leaders. It was the VIRUS and now GUN CONTROL, and the sheep will go along with what ever else comes next. Most young people (under 18) die from automobile wrecks. I do not see you raising your hand to make driving a car at the age of 18, or younger, being made illegal.

I am certain froim all the twisting and insults you have hurled suggest when the idiots in office now put out more insanity to have mail in voting so they can stuff ballot boxes past the deadlines for voting to take place to begin with, the excuse will be Monkey Pox. Please post a few pictures of you standing in line to ingest 20 pounds of Banana Pudding when they mandate that as the "fix", the new vaccine for it.
Just out of curiosity ! This is a forum about guitars and yet this is the only thread that you interact in . ????

Whitefang

Reaction score
The movie you seem to think is about gun rights , is about one man motivating an entire country into hating an entire class of people , because he felt they were inferior and trying to overtake the " motherland " . Does that familiar to you ?

FINIS
Not to be pedantic, but actually, the movie Dust brought up is NOT about one man motivating an entire country into hating an entire class of people because he felt they were inferior. And he and the citizens of that country referred to it as "The Fatherland". But we have seen similar behavior in this country by it's "leader" as far as motivating people into hating an entire class of people. And not necessarily because he thought they were really inferior, but because they disagreed with his point of view. But you are on the right track as far as Dust goes.

I have no idea where he's coming from. Extrapolating gun control issues with young people dying from automobile accidents. :rolleyes: Oy. And in that last post of his you quoted up there with all that nonsense about stuffing ballot boxes and such. And calling people who respect the FACT of the existence of a virus that to date has killed a million people in this country as "sheep" who fell prey to believing a HOAX. He doesn't seem to realize it is THOSE kind of people, along with all the dimwits who parade around in MAGA hats are the ones who are sheep! NOT the people wearing recommended face masks in order to protect their own and the health of the people around them.

That such people exist and also vote scares me more than any virus or pox. 😱

Whitefang

Status
Not open for further replies.